Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Those crazy Danes
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
traineraz
They're at it again! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16302099/ for full article.

Support his fight against Bush
We are also tired of Bush
Iran has the right to produce nuclear energy
No USA aggression against any country
Evil US military stay home

(MSNBC)

COPENHAGEN - A Danish art group that pokes fun at world leaders targeted Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Wednesday by placing an advertisement in a Tehran newspaper with an insulting hidden message.

Beneath a picture of the president, a series of apparently sympathetic statements were arranged such as “Support his fight against Bush” and “Iran has the right to produce nuclear energy.” The ad was attributed to “Danes for World Peace.”

However, the first letters of each phrase, when read from top to bottom, spell out "S-W-I-N-E".

The English-language Tehran Times, the conservative daily that printed the half-page ad, had apparently not detected the hidden message. But its impact is likely to be limited as the paper has a circulation of only a few thousand.

“We thought we would poke fun at Ahmadinejad because we don’t think he’s very liberal or sensitive,” said Jan Egesborg, a member of the art group Surrend.

“We think he represents an extreme ideology,” he said.

The Tehran Times’ editor said the group had presented its advertisement as an act of solidarity with Iran and contrition for last year’s publication in a Danish newspaper of cartoons seen by many Muslims as insulting the Prophet Mohammad. More than 50 people died in protests across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

“This group deceived the Tehran Times,” Parviz Esmaili told Reuters. “Unfortunately, this incident will only cause more hatred against Danes; even against those (Danes) who respect other cultures.”
Donnie Darko
I love how fundamentalists don't comprehend irony. Get a life, idiots.
Provenance
Americans don't understand irony.
IPB Image
Donnie Darko
I don't get it.
Provenance
Everyone in the picture is taking the escalator to get to the exercise club instead of climbing the stairs.
hartsmar
They go to the fitness club to excersize there, not in the stairs...

To quote Denis Leary;
"What's next? The Chair Master? I sit down I get up, I sit down I get up..."

traineraz
QUOTE(Provenance @ Dec 22 2006, 08:04 AM) *

Everyone in the picture is taking the escalator to get to the exercise club instead of climbing the stairs.

Er, I think Donnie was demonstrating that Americans don't understand irony.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Provenance @ Dec 22 2006, 01:04 PM) *

That's ironic.
I'm American.
I don't get why an escalator that prevents lazy fat fucks from walking up stairs to a fitness center is ironic. I personally go to a fitness center to watch bouncing boobies. I don't go there to exercise. The escalator is for people like me.
Absomphe
QUOTE(traineraz @ Dec 22 2006, 10:54 AM) *

Er, I think Donnie was demonstrating that Americans don't understand irony.

Yes, isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Oh wait, she's Canadian, nevermind.
Provenance
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Dec 22 2006, 10:55 AM) *

I personally go to a fitness center to watch bouncing boobies. I don't go there to exercise. The escalator is for people like me.

Oh. Well, never mind.
Gertz
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Dec 22 2006, 07:55 PM) *
I personally go to a fitness center to watch bouncing boobies.

I just stay here and watch LS' avatar.
Donnie Darko
Boy, you're really lazy.

So am I.
traineraz
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Dec 22 2006, 09:12 AM) *

Yes, isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Oh wait, she's Canadian, nevermind.

She's more idiotic.

Apparently, in Canadia, "inconvenient" = "ironic".
G&C

I just stay here and watch LS' avatar.

Unlike you boobs,
I prefer to watch real boobies bounce.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.