Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meat The Clones
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
Provenance
US body backs sale of cloned food

Meat and milk from cloned animals is safe for human consumption, the US food regulator said in a draft ruling.

-- BBC
TommyGun
grate
Le Gimp
I'm more concerned with GMA than I am with cloning.
Absomphe
QUOTE(TommyGun @ Dec 28 2006, 06:11 PM) *

grate

Gee, with that name, and that first post, you woodent happen to know Punch and Judy, wood you?

Take a hike, you unclever baiting puppet slime. cdog-plain.gif
Provenance
QUOTE(Le Gimp @ Dec 28 2006, 07:01 PM) *

I'm more concerned with GMA than I am with cloning.

I'm not too fond of television shows myself.
Donnie Darko
I don't see what's so bad about cloning animals for food. Studies indicate the cloned meat has nothing hazardous in it.

What I'm more interested in is what stem cell research can do for the meat industry. Cloning is just a temporary detour on the way. At the current rate stem cell research is progressing, hopefully within about 15 years it will be possible to grow animal tissues without the animal, thus resulting in cruelty free meat that requires no factory farms, no feeding expense and no animal waste cleanup issues.
G&C
Soylent Green is people!
Kirk
The only thing that bothers me about cloning and genetic modification is; a designed plant or animal could be patentable, patented crops could displace natural ones, then growing your own food could be an infringement.
Selmac
Mmmmmm Steak™
Jaded Prole
Oh Brave New World!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.