Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anaïs Nin Green Label
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
Silphion
This has been in the back of my brain for a while. If anyone happens to read much Tom Robbins this beverage is mentioned a few times but I can't seem to find much info on the net.

I assumed it was a euphemism for absinthe but that appears not to be the case. Though it seems to be purely a liquor from the fermenting vats of Robbins's brain (and who wouldn't like a taste of bottled erotic literature?) and not from Punto del Visionario (another apparent, geographic euphemism\creation,) I thought I'd see if anyone could enlighten me further.
rogue_designer
QUOTE(Silphion @ Jan 10 2007, 11:52 AM) *

Though it seems to be purely a liquor from the fermenting vats of Robbins's brain (and who wouldn't like a taste of bottled erotic literature?)

I think you're right - that it is purely a creation of Robbins - I only remember it coming up in "Still life with woodpecker" - and his description there (injecting 10cc into a lime - the way the natives do) made me think more of a tequila style beverage.

Curious. I certainly would enjoy tasting bottled erotic literature... provided it was less wood pulp, and more sex. biggrin.gif I imagine a spice flavor base, with hints of tobacco, leather, and musk... actually... that sounds tasty.

(edited to make G&C happy tongue.gif)
G&C
New rulze.

Everybody must quote the whole of the post directly above.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(G&C @ Feb 2 2007, 10:24 AM) *

New rulze.

Everybody must quote the whole of the post directly above.

Ooo, I'm such a conformist.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Feb 2 2007, 07:31 AM) *

Ooo, I'm such

Knot I, said the old oak tree.
MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Feb 2 2007, 07:38 AM) *

old

yes.gif

---Tish looking-up.gif
Absomphe
Like pre-ban dead leaf chlorophyll, so runs the blood in my veins. heart.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.