Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: France considered joining UK
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
The Standard Deviant
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6261885.stm
Donnie Darko
HAHAHAHAHA!

If one had any doubts about whether the French flag should be all white, this should take care of that. They weren't even at war, but they were willing to roll over and give up national sovereignty. The French are smart about a lot of things and do a lot of things well, but foreign policy ain't one of them.
The Standard Deviant
To be fair to them, it was mainly, or only, the prime minister.
Donnie Darko
Yeah, I can't imagine any French citizen willfully joining the UK. I guess at the time, the French PM was bearing the brunt of failed Imperialism and wanted the world's chief Imperialists to help him find a way out.
Provenance
France may not join the U.K. but Scotland may leave.
Poll backs Scotland's independence

SNP leader Alex Salmond called for an end to the "hotchpotch of confusion and resentment" after a poll found majority support in Scotland - as well as in England - for the countries to split.

The survey, published in the Daily Mail, also found that failing that, both countries believed that England should have a parliament of its own deciding on English affairs, without any involvement of Scottish MPs.

The survey was commissioned by the newspaper ahead of next week's 300th anniversary of the ratification of the treaty which united the two countries.
Absomphe
So what?

They're nothing but a bunch of losers colonized by wankers, anyhow.
G&C
That's what I've heard.
The Standard Deviant
Not going to happen.

Apparently if you phrase the poll-question "Do you support Scottish independence?" the majority of people are in favour, but if you phrase the question something like "Do you think Scotland should separate from the United Kingdom" then the majority of people are against.

(SNP = Scottish National Party)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.