Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Agwa
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
Silphion
So i was in my local liquor store the other day and, as seems to happen regularly, my attention was drawn to a bottle of green liquid. I had a chat with the proprioter and was interested in this new turn of the legal Tao, however I didn't feel it nessicary to fork over 34$ for stuff that looked like pure poisen (the owner hadn't tried it yet either.)

Anyone had a sip yet, what does it taste like?

Also, is it too much to hope that new products like this will allow a more refined form of Mariani wine back into the market place?...somthing I would be much more inclined to try.
Absomphe
If it ain't Coca Mariani, it's nothin' but a pallid imitation of it's pre-ban, glorious self.

End of story™.
Provenance
Why is anyone posting about drugs on an absinthe forum?
G&C
I wonder the same evey time.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Silphion @ Jan 19 2007, 10:59 AM) *
Also, is it too much to hope that new products like this will allow a more refined form of Mariani wine back into the market place?...somthing I would be much more inclined to try.

Yes, it's too much to hope. frusty.gif
G&C
Indeed!™
traineraz
Are ya sure it's not a little early to be giving out the 2007 Winston?

G&C
I never thought there was a limit on how many Winston's could be awarded in a year.
Steyr850
I made it through '06.
Absomphe
Yes, butt drawing attention to yourself now may be hazardous. evill.gif
Steyr850
If you give a xit.
Head_prosthesis
Curious about it myself but not enough to
buy some. I like this fellas description.

"Dried Fruit, Baking Spices, Mouthwash and...Moxie??"
Absomphe
het.gif

End of story™.
Silphion
Ahh, yes. Something I've noticed when poking around in this forum: the propensity for self-important nit-wits to ignore direct questions...for those of you with manners enough to reply with respect, I thank you.

The Cellar, unless I'm mistaken, is a place in this forum to ask about "other" beverages, which is, if you can read, exactly what I have done. As I can read, I am also aware that this is not Erowid, but for the sake of my own joie de vivre I will attempt to not break the most important of Murphy's Laws.

Thu-jone is a drug, like it or not, as well as alcohol, extracts from fennel, even sugar (check the definition of "drug" sometime)...ect, ect, all of which are found in or added to your precious Absinthe. Unlike Absinthe, Agwa is legal, but rather than engage in a intellectual conversation about the legalities of one over the other (my real intention in bringing up the topic aside from wondering what it tasted like) we get cute graphics. Is there any among you who can separate from their philistine crowd long enough to employ a little intellect? Or should I get used to such childish responses?
Steyr850
Sorry, Samson no longer posts here. He got tired of everyone Jerking his chain.

And yes, you should get used to childish responses. We call it having fun.

thegreenimp
QUOTE(Silphion @ Jan 22 2007, 01:51 PM) *
Is there any among you who can separate from their philistine crowd long enough to employ a little intellect?
Or should I get used to such childish responses?

You need to hook up with MonsieurMustache
http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=105148

Enjoy.

Kirk
I'd respond, but I got to go engage in a intellectual conversation rite now.
AndrewT
QUOTE(Silphion @ Jan 22 2007, 12:51 PM) *

Thu-jone is a drug, like it or not, as well as alcohol, extracts from fennel, even sugar (check the definition of "drug" sometime)...ect, ect, all of which are found in or added to your precious Absinthe.

There are two main definitions of a drug. The most common is synonymous with narcotic. The fact that pharmacologists use a broader definition is not relevant to this conversation. Alcohol is a nartcotic, but fenchone and sucrose are not. Cocaethylene is one hell of a narcotic, and putting it in the same context as absinthe as another banned alcoholic beverate does not do well for absinthe's image. Most of us are fighting to inform the public that absinthe should be legal precicely because it's nothing like Vin Mariani.
Head_prosthesis
I like it when the new people get all
uppity with the peanut gallery and then
an esteemed member comes along and
replies with a well thought and politely
delivered "Fuck off, mate!"
Head_prosthesis
And I love the new award. Almost makes me
want to invite Fredie back.

Steyr850
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, ...
MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ Jan 22 2007, 10:14 PM) *

And I love the new award. Almost makes me

The operative word being almost, I hope.

QUOTE(Silphion @ Jan 22 2007, 12:51 PM)
Ahh, yes. Something I've noticed when poking around in this forum: the propensity for self-important nit-wits to ignore direct questions...

I could only read that as "Blahblahblah nit-wits blahblahblah joie de vivre blahblahblah philistine crowd..."

So if you're so offended by 'self-important nit-wits' (and you were aware of their existence before you clicked that 'Register' button) why did you register? I don't join boards that seem to be peopled by those with whom I wouldn't necessarily gel. Seems kinda odd.

---Tish looking-up.gif
Absomphe

Almost makes me

I thought he was only on three month suspension?

Self headbonk.gif ...nevermind.
Head_prosthesis
Oh yeah! heh heh... My bad.

Steve
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jan 23 2007, 02:52 PM) *

Shhhhh.... Maybe Big F. doesn't realize... ... ... ...
traineraz
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jan 23 2007, 03:52 PM) *

Almost makes me

Sir, please step away from the mirror. Yes, that's it. Just don't speak until you're in the other room here . . . Good. <phew>

Sir, we must ask you not to say the F word again, or we will all suffer the gravest of consequences. I suggest you rent "Candyman", bearing in mind that the F word will unleash a far more terrifying ordeal upon us all!

Note: Saying "Tardboy Poseur" repeatedly will have the same horrific result.
Absomphe
Aw, c'mon guys, he ain't comin' back!

Or, am I just looking at the world through 'Opaline' colored glasses, once again? evill.gif
aeldyth
QUOTE(Silphion @ Jan 19 2007, 11:59 AM) *

So i was in my local liquor store the other day and, as seems to happen regularly, my attention was drawn to a bottle of green liquid. I had a chat with the proprioter and was interested in this new turn of the legal Tao, however I didn't feel it nessicary to fork over 34$ for stuff that looked like pure poisen (the owner hadn't tried it yet either.)

Anyone had a sip yet, what does it taste like?

Although I had not planned to drink any this morning, I now have a pretty, little cordial glass in front of me.
The taste is hard to describe, but I will try. The task is, of course, easier now because I can sip as I
write, even if it is 5:45 a.m.
It has a definite herbal taste, but is not as medicinal as Alpen Wolfe.
It is sweeter than Absente, but leaves the same warm feeling in the throat.
There seems to be a hint of anise, but it is not as strong as Pernod.
If it were a wine, it would have good "legs."

I drank about 6 or 7 shots of it one night at a heavy metal bar. (That story is actually more interesting than the drink itself.) Although I was relaxed, I certainly did not feel or act inebriated. It seems to have a slight stimulant effect, akin to taking
No-doz or a strong cup of coffee before a night on the town. It does not, however, provide the sort of "high" of which cocaine users speak (I see a lot of them at work).

I received two bottles of Agwa as Yuletide cheer, compliments of a couple of the "metal" bar goers. I suppose that I am now set for a lot of all-nighters at the computer. evill.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.