Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Life on Terra": Forbidden Fruit - The Absinthe Drinker
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
salsa
Stumbled on this today:
http://www.lifeonterra.com/episode.php?id=56

Bad writing, filming, editing... how can something so short be so boring?! I couldn't sit through the whole thing.

rogue_designer
at least the overall message was ok - absinthe was banned due to bad science and politics, the amount of chop.gif in the real stuff is relatively small.

It wasn't a Trip Ballz™ propaganda piece. Too bad the retired neurosurgeon was tripping over his own words. It seemed clear to me that he didn't say what he meant to in a few instances.

But damn was that boring.
speedle
I found that on YouTube a few months back. I sorta liked it, rambling on like he did. Seemed a little creepy, not cool like Luc's vids on YT. But I kept a copy, just the same.
aeldyth
Agree with the boring part.

Disagree with the opinion about the ritual.

Aeldyth
absinthist
IF neurosurgeon says: "it drives you mad, it's addictive, it's illegal" and pronounces tujon in such a fanciful manner-that must be the truth frusty.gif

And yes, boring, boring, maybe he should have drunk more to say something much more accurate.
Le Gimp
Why doesn't the sugar cube melt (disolve)?

Never mind, it finally did. They must have used the first several seconds of pouring water over it repeatidly for many seconds.

Alice the absinthe eater
better question is: why was the sugar cube brown, was he using brown sugar? or was it turbinado/demerara?
louched liver
"You make me
feel so good!."
Provenance
Uh, to get back to the, uh, the warning that I've received you may take it with how many however many grains of salt you wish, that the brown sugar that is circulating around us is not specifically too good. Uh, it's suggested that you do stay away from that, course it's your own trip, so be my guest, but, uh, please be advised that there is a warning on that one ok?
louched liver
No more rain.
scaper8
Does anyone know what music is played in the piece? It's kind of nice.
Alice the absinthe eater
I thought it said something near the start 'Music by so and so'

(page won't load right now for some reason so I dunno for sure, but that's what I remember)
absinthist
"With music by Henry Harrison" so it says, I am a bit tipsy but the site loads perfectement.
scaper8
Yeah, the way it was written, I'm not sure if it is a piece of music Harrison himself wrote or just music he preformed. Since he is also the producer/director of the Terra episode, it could be either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.