Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pernod Fils (late 30's) 6cl samples for sale
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
Marc
I've just received my two bottles of Pernod Fils Tarragona from the late 30's last week.
Of course, I keep one in my cellar and I sell the second one in 6cl samples.
I've sold many samples already so I've got only 2 left (maybe 3).

Taste is very similar to the Edouard Pernod 1930 I've sold recently, anise profile is a little less strong though, they both must have been distilled during the same Tarragona era (ie 1938's).

Pictures :

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

PM/email for price.
Jaded Prole
Nice pics and it is interesting that they recommended a mix of 1 to 4 or 5 part water. I often do a 1 to 4 mix, depending on the absinthe.
Provenance
Note to self, fly to France and raid mthuilli's cellar.
Marc
You're welcome, come here when you want abs-cheers.gif

Note to self: do not forget to turn the cellar alarm on when away
Steyr850
Note to self: Don't forget to pack the glass cutter
Wild Bill Turkey
I like to keep a to-do list on a little note pad on my desk.

It's interesting that they suggest 4 or 5 parts water in spanish, but 5 parts in french and english. Guess they think the spaniards can handle it better.
The Standard Deviant
I wouldn't read so much into it, it also says "Makes on ideal drink. . ."
simon
Beautiful bottles... I love those mid thirties bottlings of PFT. - Great condition. It is strange that most of these bottles tend to be in such amazing condition, compared to the newer stuff you can find... Just an observation :-) x
The Standard Deviant
How come you have so many?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.