Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Verlaine Letter Heartbreak
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Oxygenee
Probably the coolest absinthe letter of all.....written by Verlaine in 1889 to his editor, from the Broussais psychiatric hospital where he was then incarcerated, on a torn out sheet from a patient records file.....the letter deals with some proposed work, including a new forward he has been commissioned to write....Verlaine writes: "Me laisser faire la préface, goutte à goutte, de façon à obtenir une absinthe bien battue, quelque chose de pondéré dans le malicieux et de bonhomme à double détente".... just sold in France to a collector who found out about it the day before I did.... damn, damn, damn.
Marc Chevalier
Lord, please don't tell me the collector got it cheap! blink.gif
Oxygenee
Test
Oxygenee
Even more heartbreakingly, sadly yes relatively speaking he did.
Pataphysician
I had better luck this week: On the same day that my 1966 Hagstrom I guitar finally sold, we discovered in granny's effects a perfect first edition F. Scott Fitzgerald "Tales of the Jazz Age" WITH dust jacket.
Kallisti
how many clams is that worth!?!?!

can I lick it?
Pataphysician
My research so far tells me it's worth as much as my income this year (it was a bad year, though). It's the really rare one with the misprint on page 232.

Unlike an absinthe spoon, if you lick this, it goes down in value. But you can buy it if you like.
celticgent
Yes, but did she have a First Edition copy of:

Absinthe: Sip of Seduction
by Betina Wittels

?????? w00t1.gif
Provenance
The soviet nun knew how to turn the word trophy into a verb. She was good at things no one had any satisfaction for. There was a cool river flowing in her left tit. The semantics of america did nothing for her.
T. Jeppesen

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.