Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damian Hevia's Photographs
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Oxygenee
For those who don't get the VAM newsletter, Damian Hevia's remarkable set of absinthe photographs can now be seen - and ordered online - here..

Damian's photographs join Kirk's grilles and Mike's private press books as products I'm particularly pleased to carry at the Virtual Museum - proof that the reborn Green Fairy is still inspiring artists and craftsmen today, just as her Belle Epoque ancestor did a century ago.
hissykitties
I saw the large ones this past weekend. They are absolutely gorgeous.
Jaded Prole
The louche pics are especially beautiful.
Kirk
Those are beautiful shots, I especially like the one looking through the window, it has a feel to it.
Marc
Ditto! It has a unique 'old time' feeling

I don't like the second one, sorry.
justabob
Becky was gushing with pride when she showed them in Texas. Stunning.
Id Wizzard
Hello All,

I am Damian, the photographer that shot the pictures mentioned above.

Thanks for the comments.

Let's discuss. Any questions or other comments?

Oxygenee
Welcome to the forum Damian!
The feedback from absolutely every single person who's seen or bought the prints has been just outstanding.
Marc
QUOTE(Id Wizzard @ Apr 5 2007, 11:06 AM) *

Let's discuss. Any questions or other comments?

Hi Damian, welcome onboard abs-cheers.gif

Can you make some B&W for me please, I only buy B&W photographs wink.gif
Oxygenee
It's called La fée verte, Frenchie, not La fée monochrome.
Le Gimp
Sweet!
Marc
I only buy B&W, end of story Rosbif harhar.gif
Id Wizzard
So mthuilli,

Let me make sure I've got his right. You only like gray scale images.

Have you tried squinting?

No but seriously. That's cool. These are more shots to come. There may be some black and white or duotone type stuff later. I'll keep that in mind.

Id
Provenance
Go for platinum prints. Nothing evokes the wasted charm of 19th century vices like platinum.
justabob
Welcome to the Forum!! Finally jumped onto the ole interweb I see. Thanks for the PM and yes we did manage to leave somehow without saying goodbye. Nancy sends her best.

Hey everyone buy these prints they are fantastic!!!
Marc
QUOTE(Id Wizzard @ Apr 5 2007, 04:19 PM) *

No but seriously. That's cool. These are more shots to come. There may be some black and white or duotone type stuff later. I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you. To me, the B&W prints are more representative of the 19th century, specially the ones with grain. Plus I've hardly been fascinated by color prints, wheras I've sometimes been hypnotized by B&W photographs.

And I'll buy your prints only if you use the gum bichromate process evill.gif

What? I'm painful? fuck I'm french!
Id Wizzard
Guh-guh-guh-Gum-Bichromate??!!!
Man I love that stuff! I used to snort that stuff in the 70's. I now have a sponsor and with the grace of Thor I will continue my recovery.

But really yes I think all those processes from the old days are beautiful.

BUT! These prints are really, really beautiful. Even I was surprised.

I apprecaite what you're saying though.

Id
rogue_designer
Nice work Damien. Between you and Moschops - you've got me photographing still lives again. Only with a "green" twist. wink.gif

Glad to have you on the board.
Steyr850
I went back to photographing kids soccer games. Fringe benefits 'n all.
hissykitties
Hi Damian!

I can also attest to the beauty of these prints. I saw them at TXLF and then again when we stopped by Damian & Becky's house for lunch on our journey back to Atlanta. I almost drooled on Louche 1.
Oxygenee
QUOTE(Id Wizzard @ Apr 5 2007, 08:21 PM) *

Gum-Bichromate??!!!
Man I love that stuff! I used to snort that stuff in the 70's.

I told you guys he was a "Rock 'n Roll" photographer.
Ari
To add my voice to the fray, great photographs!
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Apr 5 2007, 01:44 PM) *

I told you guys he was a "Rock 'n Roll" photographer.

I'll say, I've seen "The Guitar Photo". harhar.gif
Id Wizzard
That shot is affectinately know as the "Guitar Nymph". I'm a little bashful but something inside me is telling me I have to toss it out there.

Id
Id Wizzard
...and thanks to all of you for the nice comments.

Id
thegreenimp
And The Imp likes him too.

IPB Image
Steyr850
Magnificent K-9! Great photo!
OMG_Bill
Damian, it was great to meet and visit with you and Becky at TXLF. The pictures are way nice. Hope to see you both again and check out your photos. We hate that we didn't see them there.

Cheers!
justabob
That is a great looking puppy imp. Very nice to meet you at txlf.
Id Wizzard
QUOTE(OMG_Bill @ Apr 5 2007, 11:28 PM) *

Damian, it was great to meet and visit with you and Becky at TXLF. The pictures are way nice. Hope to see you both again and check out your photos. We hate that we didn't see them there.

Cheers!

Hey!

It was great to meet you both also. I guess we'll see you at the next one.

Take care,
Id
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.