Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Them (Xavier Palud) - 2006
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Entertainment
Marc
I've just watched "Them" ("Ils" in french) tonight and it's the most stressful movie I've seen recently.
It lasts only 1h10 but that's enough, longuer and my heart would have given out.
It's based on a real story.
Scary...
traineraz
I watched Jesus Camp last night.

Wanna take bets which is scarier?

(Not that I can find out, Them isn't on Netflix.)
Nymphadora
I live in the Bible Belt in Alabama. Jesus Camp is something I see every day.
traineraz
You poor dear.

It was possibly the most terrifying movie I've ever seen.
Jaded Prole
The reality is what makes it so terrifying.
Nymphadora
I was shopping in the local mall and, on four different occasions, was stopped by strangers who asked if I was saved.
traineraz
What did you say?
Jaded Prole
I tell's 'em, "savior breath."
Nymphadora
I didn't say anything to them. I continued walking. I try to avoid confrontation when possible.
traineraz
QUOTE(Jaded Prol @ Mar 20 2007, 01:54 PM) *

I tell's 'em, "savior breath."

HA!

No "sea kelp", eh?

Marc
offtopic2.gif
Donnie Darko
That played around here recently but I didn't have a chance to see it. It looked good though, hopefully it will be out soon.
Neptunati
I recently was stopped by a "Jesus freak". He asked me If I had been saved. I said to him that I was a Satanist and If he didn't get out of my way I would offer up a sacrifice to my dark under lord. He had a look of confusion on his face and said " Your a Satanist? OH my that's horrible!. Are you really a devil worshiper?" I laughed at the look on his face and said no. He asked me why I said that. I replied well I don't want to listen your stupid fucking propaganda!! He then continued to spew lines of christian cult talk. I then said in a loud and clear voice "I do not care! Get away from me or you'll be going home in a casket" He then quickly got all fire and brimstone on me and said " Just to let you know heaven and hell is real." After that I just pointed and laughed at him until he walked away. Don't these people know they are minds are programed? Besides that they aren't catholic! The bible they go by according to the catholic bible is blasphemy! Morons! How are you going to believe in that stuff when the base of the christian religion is catholicism. Its an oxymoron! Christians are just lazy catholics! God save us from religion! This is there god they just don't know it.
Steyr850
That's a pretty narrow view too.
hartsmar
If you're not a catholic, not going by the catholic bible seems pretty damn logic to me.
I'm not catholic. Cool.

THOR IS THE ONE GOD.

bwwwaaaaahahahaahahhahaaa
Jaded Prole
It's all nuts but the paradox is that you really can't be a satanist if you're not a christian.
Marc
I just wanted to talk about 'Them', not 'he'
IPB Image
justabob
Watched them today, very scary. Even in French.
Nymphadora
QUOTE(Jaded Prol @ Mar 21 2007, 11:04 AM) *

It's all nuts but the paradox is that you really can't be a satanist if you're not a christian.

I'd rather hug a tree.
Absomphe
Thor's Hammer was the Canadian barleywine back in the day, lemme tell ya!
Nymphadora
You won't have to be embalmed when you die. You'll already be pickled.
Absomphe
Well, DUH!!!
Nymphadora
cheekkiss.gif

I'm only kissing you because I have a nasty cold sore.
Absomphe
MMMM herpes simplex

Must be a blonde thang...
Nymphadora
Keep at it. You're up to TWENTY crotch punches now.
Absomphe
LARS!.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.