Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LDF Grand Pontarlier and matching dripper set
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
TommyGun
Grand Pontarlier and matching dripper set

Just got these in and love these. Anyone else? Big but short.

IPB Image
crosby
I got a pair and I love them.
G&C
I like the idea and I have two drippers.
I just never use them.

Seems I alway ice up one of the fountains and go for the 10 minute drip.
TommyGun
The glass is so wide that there's a custom dripper for it. I really like the look and feel of the glass. The East glass probably my second favorite but I only have an imitation.
Wild Bill Turkey
I love those glasses too. You have to watch your dilution though, a 3:1 pour only fills about 1/5 of the glass. The glass still looks almost empty when you've finished louching.

Peter posted some great pictures, and the story of the discovery of the original mold for this glass in the thread at the Collector's Forum.
crosby
You just need to put in more absinthe than the reservoir holds. I've found that the dose is small on many vintage reservoir glasses. On the flip side, Peter has one that must have a 3oz reservoir.
G&C
I was drinking out of one like that this evening.
Marc
Cros' is right, most of the reservoir glasses I owned had a 2cl to 2.5cl dose. It's getting a little better with the east glasses, I even had one with a 4cl dose, perfect for me.

Even that massive east glass (almost 8 inch high) has a 3.5cl dose only:

IPB Image
Absomphe
That's a screamin' gorgeousity, Sockman! chickawow.gif
TommyGun
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Mar 27 2007, 01:44 AM) *

Cros' is right, most of the reservoir glasses I owned had a 2cl to 2.5cl dose. It's getting a little better with the east glasses, I even had one with a 4cl dose, perfect for me.

Why can't they find the original molds of this glass? It's frickin' BEAUTIFUL! Make the glass and add the Jade logo - I'd buy them! I'd buy a 6-pack!
Donniej
I got 4 of those glasses and 2 drippers as a Christmas present. I think the glasses are a little too big and I prefer a smaller glass I have from LDF. I also have 2 of the drippers and I find it curious that 1 has a very small hole and the other has a very large hole. I like a slow drip so I use the one with the small hole and plug it shut with a sugar cube.

I also like the smaller glass because most of my spoons don't work well with the big glasses.

All of the LDF glass is beautiful and has a very pleasent "leaded glass" ring to it upon abs-cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.