Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absenta Argenti 1940-1945, 50ml samples
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
hartsmar
I just recieved a bottle of the Spanish Absenta Argenti from around 1940-1945. Looking at the bottle, it could be a couple of years earlier as well, but to be safe, I keep it on this side of the 1940 line.

The condition of the bottle is very good and there's still some of the original wax seal left around and on top of the neck and cork.

The alcohol level is measured to 67-68%.

I am just now drinking the last drops of a glass of it and it actually differs a bit from the regular Spanish ones. It's not as anise-heavy. There's the very classic pre-ban/vintage "woody" taste to it as well as of course anise and wormwood.

So, I have four 50ml samples that I sell. Those who buy one of those also get the opportunity to add a 25ml sample of a 1970 Argenti for comparison to see how an absenta from the same distillery, branded the same, changed its formula over the years.

Very reasonably priced. PM me for details.

Photos:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
hartsmar
One down, three to go...
simon
Nice abs-cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.