Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This sucks
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Arts & Philosphical Sundries
Donnie Darko
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/11/books/11...onnegut.html?hp

This is definitely the most upsetting celebrity passing I've experienced in my lifetime. I didn't know about his accident. When someone of that mental prowess suffers a brain injury, death seems especially merciful.
LouchingBuckeye
I was lucky enough to have witnessed his last official speech over a year ago here at Ohio State.
Gertz
That is truly a loss.

So it goes.
Donnie Darko
He had a great sense of humour about dying, at least. He once said:
"I am, incidentally, Honorary President of the American Humanist Association, having succeeded the late, great science fiction writer Isaac Asimov in that totally functionless capacity. We had a memorial service for Isaac a few years back, and I spoke and said at one point, "Isaac is up in heaven now." It was the funniest thing I could have said to an audience of humanists. I rolled them in the aisles. It was several minutes before order could be restored. And if I should ever die, God forbid, I hope you will say, "Kurt is up in heaven now." That's my favorite joke."
Absomphe
Tombstone.gif I'll miss him, and he was an absolutely brilliant, surreal author, and complete oner, but hey, the fucker was 84.

I should live so long...

Or not.
justabob
K.V.

"man was put on this earth just to fart around"
moschops
I had the great honor of meeting Mr. K.V. on a few occasions -- a fascinating, funny person and a true gentleman. If Vonnegut was the succesor to Twain, who is next?

R.I.P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.