Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maybe it was the "Virgin" thing that piqued her interest.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
Pages: 1, 2
Oxygenee
As some of you know, I maintain an occasional blog "The Wheat of Virgin Spaces". A week or two ago I posted an entry about the rare 1811 cognac bottle I recently handled.

It's always interesting to see what sort of comments or feedback a blog post will enlicit. This morning I received:

A new comment on the post #49 "An 1811 Cognac, from the "Comet" vintage" is waiting for your approval
http://oxygenee.com/blog/2007/04/03/an-181...-comet-vintage/

Author : nance (IP: 196.207.214.144 , 196.207.214.144)
E-mail : nance1love@yahoo.co
URI : http://nance
Whois : http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl?queryi...196.207.214.144
Comment:
Hello With Love.
I am miss nance a 22 years old girl from Liberia in west coast of Africa,i saw your profile and i am interested please i would like to know more about you,your likes and dislikes with your favorite cuisine and hobbies,remember age or distance does not matter but what matters is love,for further communication contact me via email nance1love@yahoo.co) that will enable me to explain myself well to you and as well send my pictures for you to know whom i am.
Thanks And Remain Blessed.
Yours New Friend
Miss nance

Interestingly, the only other person to comment on my posting was Alan.

I'm not sure what to make of that.
Alan
I am wondering whether miss nance is actually drabsinthe in disguise. Same habit of asking questions with the promise of answers to your questions later on.

Suspicious that she says she is from Liberia but the IP address is Senegal.
rogue_designer
remember age or distance does not matter but what matters is love

hah! Made me smile, thanks Oxy.

abs-cheers.gif
speedle
Sounds like some sort of come on for those russian rent-a-bride services or whatever they're called. I ran across a web site recently that did nothing except expose those sorts of fraudulent things. Apparently you get all infatuated with the girl, start getting attached to her and then she begins to ask for money to "escape" her poverty stricken situation. At that point you're sunk I guess. Apparently the same girls do this over and over to guys with the russian mafia in the background.

Strange that they've graduated (sunk) to blog commentary. Mebbe email is to hard these days.

Nymphadora
Damn! I'm on the wrong career path.

And I thought teaching was the road to riches. wacko.gif
Provenance
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Apr 19 2007, 08:34 AM) *

The Wheat of Virgin Spaces

Didn't they open for Quicksilver Messenger Service at the Fillmore?
justabob
What do you mean you don't know what to make of it.

She whats it!
absinthist
Ms Nance is also known under the name of Ulia Baby Love and Natalia Ukwa. All of them (if there are three girls, who knows? are staying in refugee camp in Senegal).
The letter sent is always the same. Who is behind it, I am not sure, myself was offered a big sum of money only I could inherit, no matter of the fact, no one of my ancestors had ever been to Liberia, rather Europe (practically Sweden).
They are usually using yahoo addresses and want you to give some money to get to Europe. My friend has received the message two days ago.
Simply ignore it.
Kirk
Damn, and here I had my hopes up.
Alan
I was hoping that someone would try scambaiting this lovely lady.
Jaded Prole
I suspect Ms. Nance is a 250 lb 45 year old Nigerian guy.

Very cool blog.
speedle
QUOTE(Alan @ Apr 19 2007, 03:13 PM) *
I was hoping that someone would try scambaiting this lovely lady.

THAT'S the site! Its amazing the lengths people will go to for money, or supposed love I guess. blink.gif

Kirk
Now you're just being mean.
Nymphadora

"Its amazing the lengths people will go to for supposed love I guess." blink.gif

YUP.
Wild Bill Turkey
There's no mention of poverty or needing help. It's the plaintiff cry of a young woman bored stupid living on her petrolium-magnate daddy's yacht while she languishes at University of Liberia at Monrovia. She wants someone to come and take her out of her gilded cage.

She's gotten used to certain tastes, and reads blogs about her favorite vintage wines and spirits.

Something about your uncanny way of putting into words what she feels about a great antique cognac has just been driving her crazy lately, hinting at a world of appreciation that others around her could never understand.
She's finally put herself on the line in her shaky english to reach out to you...
IPB Image
Nymphadora
Yeah, but she's got nice tits though. Much can be forgiven for that aspect alone. chickawow.gif

Sheesh.......I wouldn't mind being put INTO the gilded cage. Maybe I should start posting on some blogs. Poor Alabama girl. An exceptional find: I have all my teeth and my tattoos are spelled correctly.
Marc
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Apr 19 2007, 05:34 PM) *

I'm not sure what to make of that.

Ask for pictures and post them here, with titties preferably vagina.gif
absinthist
I have got only this: Wild Bill Turkey was luckier!

sixela
QUOTE(Nymphadora @ Apr 19 2007, 06:13 PM) *

Damn! I'm on the wrong career path.

And I thought teaching was the road to riches. wacko.gif

There's another small matter - most of these stubborn US southerners don't actually want to escape.

That's quite a dent in your credibility for the usual story in these scams (unless you claim to come from Minnesota in your scam, in which case Alan will no doubt expose you by revealing that your IP corresponds to an access point in another US state).

On the plus side, you're a teacher in the US South, so no one will ever doubt your poverty stricken condition. Even though you'll be hard pressed to believe it, you are indeed simply living in the wrong continent.

sixela
QUOTE(Nymphadora @ Apr 20 2007, 04:06 AM) *

Yeah, but she's got nice tits though.

Not enough to redeem the really stupid looking eyebrows, though.

Absomphe
QUOTE(Nymphadora @ Apr 19 2007, 08:06 PM) *

Maybe I should start posting on some blogs. Poor Alabama girl. An exceptional find: I have all my teeth and my tattoos are spelled correctly.

Maybe, but you're pretty expensive to feed, though.

Have you seen the price of pork rinds, lately? chickawow.gif
Jaded Prole
High Maintenance
Le Gimp
Damn prok rinds are up to $2.50 a bag here. They are great dipped in Habanero sauce though.

The hab sauce enhances the chop.gif.

Absomphe
I forgot you can tripbalz™ on pork rinds, so I guess they're still a bargain at two-fiddy a bag.

A lot cheaper than KOSG, anyway.
Steyr850
And the crumbs are just like the floaties.
speedle
QUOTE(Nymphadora @ Apr 19 2007, 11:06 PM) *
Yeah, but she's got nice tits though. Much can be forgiven for that aspect alone. chickawow.gif

Sheesh.......I wouldn't mind being put INTO the gilded cage. Maybe I should start posting on some blogs. Poor Alabama girl. An exceptional find: I have all my teeth and my tattoos are spelled correctly.

Let's just keep exploring these two particular aspects of the conversation, shall we? And Sixela, I think those eyebrows wouldn't even enter my conciousness, but that's just my differing focus. chickawow.gif

Nymphadora
Sixela is a tad strange. I could approach him stark naked and he would give me a lecture on comma usage.
speedle
Ah, to each his (or her) own, I suppose. And congratulations on choosing tattoo artists who can spell werdz rite™
Kirk
Depends, on how you mean. . . comma?
speedle
Why yes, yes it does. w00t2.gif

But then again perhaps I shouldn't be posting in a thread about virgins when I've been drinking a little bit.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Nymphadora @ Apr 20 2007, 06:37 PM) *

Sixela is a tad strange. I could approach him stark naked and he would give me a lecture on comma usage.

Um, you forgot your comma after the word 'naked'.

No pork rinds for you!
Head_prosthesis
I've met Sixela and he seems perfectly
capable of multi-tasking.
Nymphadora
You approached him nude too?

Absomphe: Don't make me beg.
Head_prosthesis
You're surprised?
Nymphadora
Did you get a lecture on dangling participles?
sixela
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Apr 21 2007, 06:22 PM) *

No; she did not. Opinion is divided on the subject.
Head_prosthesis
Sixela is a samurai.
His wit is as sharp as his blade.
Absomphe
You've been rapiered by his blade? shock.gif
speedle
There's no emoticon for "big assed groan" is there?
Head_prosthesis
Yeah. Right here. Click to view attachment
Nymphadora
QUOTE(sixela @ Apr 21 2007, 01:18 PM) *

Yeah, there is an English education debate about whether or not a comma should be used with coorelative and coordinating conjunctions. The old schoolers say it should and the new schoolers say the comma is unncesessary. I go with the new schoolers because I'm lazy.
Absinthesizer
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Apr 20 2007, 09:50 AM) *

I forgot you can tripbalz™ on pork rinds, so I guess they're still a bargain at two-fiddy a bag.
Yeah, but if you were going to soak the pork rinds in absinthe, which would be the best brand?
Nymphadora
w00t2.gif Trippy salty goodness awaits!
The Jade Man
QUOTE(Nymphadora @ Apr 22 2007, 01:17 PM) *

Yeah, there is an English education debate about whether or not a comma should be used with coorelative and coordinating conjunctions. The old schoolers say it should and the new schoolers say the comma is unncesessary. I go with the new schoolers because I'm lazy.

It's a judgement call -- one that I make based on the complexity of the two clauses being joined. Nymphadora's delightful (if improbable) example seems to work very well without additional punctuation.
Wild Bill Turkey

It looks like if Nymph approaches Sixela naked, he'll lecture Absomphe on comma usage.
Absomphe
HA!

Of course he would.

That's why they pay him the big boobs bucks.
speedle
QUOTE(Nymphadora @ Apr 22 2007, 03:50 PM) *
w00t2.gif Trippy salty goodness awaits!

I am, apparently, unclear as to what the correct visual is for that post.
scaper8
Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen. We are forgetting the most important thing about this tread, that Nymphadora, one of the most beautiful things to put a glass of absinthe to her lips, commented on the beauty of another woman's tits. Come on, use your imagination here!
sixela
QUOTE(scaper8 @ Apr 23 2007, 06:34 AM) *

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen. We are forgetting the most important thing about this tread, that Nymphadora, one of the most beautiful things to put a glass of absinthe to her lips,

I'm the toaster around here. Nymphadora is all flesh'n'blood.

commented on the beauty of another woman's tits.

...and said she wouldn't mind being put in the gilded cage where said woman resides!
Absomphe
QUOTE(scaper8 @ Apr 22 2007, 10:34 PM) *

We are forgetting the most important thing about this tread, that Nymphadora, one of the most beautiful things to put a glass of absinthe to her lips.

So, you're basically comparing Nympadora to an important tire feature.

Well, who wouldn't be flattened flattered by such an equation? tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.