Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Me Choose A Cigar...
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
JJBlanche
Hello...

I'm thinking of picking up a cigar. There was a short period in my life several years back where I had tried a number of different varieties. Out of them, I took a liking to the Hoyo de Monterrey Excaliber 1066, and have been known to pick one up every now and again.

That being said, I think its about time I got something new in the rotation. The 1066 is all well and good, but variety is the spice of life and all that. Any recommendations? I would say use the 1066 as a baseline (ie: if you like the 1066, you absolutly love....) I'm not looking to pick up a box or anything. I just have a two week vacation coming up, and I thought a cigar would be a good way to kick it off.
Alice the absinthe eater
"Favorite Absinthe: None Tried at this Point"

maybe you should look in to some absinthe first?

I dunno, I came here thinking this was a absinthe forum but I could be wrong.
JJBlanche
Absinthe was my primary motivation for coming to this forum. As my signature suggests, I have a Duplais Balance on the way. I thought a good way to enjoy my first bit of Absinthe would be in the company of a good cigar. Given that this is the 'others' section, I thought this would be an appropriate place to post this question.

That aside, I do have a few absinthe related questions in my Greetings post in the Greetings Forum. If you would like to address those, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
Alice the absinthe eater
ah I see, no one really reads signatures.
Absomphe
JJ:

Dunhill Esplendido.
Steyr850
Have you tried the CAO Maduro?

I'm waiting to get my paw on some of these
deaddybear
Padron Anniversary 1926 - Maduro No. 6

Beautiful box press and silky smooth draw, flavor for days! Holds its own against all but the very best Cubans (better than many of them, IMHO).
Steyr850
In price too.
Artemis
I'm thinking of picking up a cigar.

Be careful, you don't know where that thing has been.

Herbal liquor, herbal cigar. Look into Acid cigars. Not cheap. Smell like incense. They tend to piss "real" cigar smokers off, which is a plus.
Steyr850
Or the Naturals (Acid's couterpart), also by Drew Estate, which don't smell/taste like Lagerfeld. Still piss most "real" cigar smokers off, butt are more tolerable.
grey boy
In the words of a famous old "member" here. . .

"Cigars smell like burning dogshit"™.
deaddybear
I knew I liked dogs for a reason!
JJBlanche
QUOTE(grey boy @ May 3 2007, 10:49 PM) *

What they taste like is a different affair all together. Plus, I rather like the smell of burning cigars. Are you sure this forum member wasn't referring to white owl sports? Cigar is a very general term.
grey boy
QUOTE(JJBlanche @ May 4 2007, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(grey boy @ May 3 2007, 10:49 PM) *

What they taste like is a different affair all together. Plus, I rather like the smell of burning cigars. Are you sure this forum member wasn't referring to white owl sports? Cigar is a very general term.

It's an old joke.
Icarus
If you don't usually smoke cigars, and don't usually drink absinthe, I wouldn't combine them the first time.
... not unless you look forward to heaving your guts out.

Remind me to tell you about the time I drank 5ish glasses of Ulex and decided to go shoot (spraypaint) a glass rack without a respirator.

no.gif
Alice the absinthe eater
is Ulex any good? I haven't heard much about it
Icarus
Sure it's good.
Good for stripping paint or turning your insides out.

I don't even know if they still make it. If you find some, buy it, and enjoy it, let me know. I've got a full unopened bottle of Huquet(Sp) I'll send ya.
Anubis
If you are not in the U.S., try a Partagas Serie D No. 4. I had one at my friend's place a couple weeks ago. Excellent.
Shabba53
Or you just need to know the right people. wink.gif
Oxygenee
I just wonder how wise the combination of absinthe and tobacco is…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.