Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay item of the month
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Pages: 1, 2
Marc
Fairly priced
hartsmar
blink.gif
Absomphe
I'll see your blink.gif and raise you a shock.gif and three wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif .
Steyr850
A picture? Worth a 1000 dollars?
Jaded Prole
Who can resist a deal like that!? blink.gif
Absomphe
Betty, is that you?
Steyr850
Quick Web-Fu skills, butt it was very astute of you.
Alice the absinthe eater
I seem to be at a loss of words.......
Marc
Seller answered : "the name of that absinthe is : Zelenà Muza"

het.gif
MrsAbsomphe
I seem to be at a loss of words.......

And a misplacement of words, and a misuse of words, and a waste of words.

How about a loss FOR words?

---Tish looking-up.gif
Steyr850
I knew that was cumin'.
G&C
Indeed™
Absomphe
QUOTE(Steyr850 @ May 3 2007, 11:37 AM) *

I knew that was cumin'.

One of my favorite spices.

Butt you shoulda known that was cummin'. harhar.gif
Steyr850
Door's always left open for sumbuddy.
Absomphe
That's Jack's credo, ass I recall.
Head_prosthesis
Is Jack staying at your house or somethin?

Absomphe
I don't see much sour beer here at the moment, so I would guess the answer to that is no.

Selmac
Bump.

I can finally ask since the auction is over. Did anyone notice this fountain on Ebay? Looks like a new one fashioned after an old "Terminus" design. Is this a prototype for something that's going to hit the market?

"Terminal" fountain
crosby
I fucking hope not.
Wild Bill Turkey
'fraid so. It's not a prototype, it's already in production, but apparently only sold on french ebay, once a month, so that people think each one is the only one and bid big on it.

C'est bien discuté ici.
Marc
Yes, I found it beautiful at the beginning but then quickly changed my mind looking at the pictures closely, the finish and color are questionable.
I saw it in a shop in France so it's in production.
traineraz
If you prefer, you can pray to the squatting "green fayrie" at your pagan altar.

Edit: Picture link doesn't work.
Kirk
Invest in your old age.
Kirk
I'm shilling, not so much for the money, but to avoid the shock of world wide rejection.
Absomphe
I don't think I've ever craved an object that wasn't actually an antique quite as much this one.

It's beyond exquisite, Maestro, and if I could afford it, I wouldn't hesitate for an instant. worshippy.gif
Kirk
Thanks Abso, if I had the money, I'd give it to you.
Absomphe
I once owned a 'prostitute's dagger' that had quite similar work on its handle, and it was attributed to legendary 19th century San Francisco knife maker Michael Price, so I hope some rich bastid has the good sense to snipe it.
traineraz
It sez bidding has ended. blink.gif

By the way, if I were to spend $4K for something of that nature (no, that's not an offer) I'd want it overnighted and insured, not sent parcel post . . .
Absomphe
QUOTE(traineraz @ Oct 9 2007, 11:54 AM) *

It sez bidding has ended. blink.gif

Um, yes, by the time time you posted it had ended, genius. frusty.gif
Kirk
I listed it again, I'm a glutton for punishment, this time shipping is free, anywhere in the world, Taz.
traineraz
I'd be happy to pay the shipping, if the cane were free.
Le Gimp
If Ihad 4K to spare I'd jump on it. Crazy part is I'd actually use it as a walking cane. The handle looks pretty comfortable.

Kirk
I take it back, the cane is free, the shipping $3,777.
Provenance
The cane really is comfortable. The pictures don't do it justice. It really is just amazingly stunning. It belongs in a museum.
Wild Bill Turkey
But it can't go straight-to-museum. It needs a history to match its birth. It needs to be used by a wealthy absintheur who hurt his knee wrestling a bear and lives in a dry county.

Provenance
I would prefer it be held up by a poor absintheur to bless the drinkers at a LoucheFest™.
Wild Bill Turkey
I'm hoping for a buyer that bids the asking price AND believes Kirk about the $3,777. shipping. Followed by a giant party in VA.
traineraz
QUOTE(Kirk @ Oct 10 2007, 11:32 AM) *

I take it back, the cane is free, the shipping $3,777.

Woohoo! Now, that's a deal! abs-cheers.gif
Nymphadora
Murder always gives an object historic appeal. Kirk, you must bash a few heads in with the cane.
Kirk
Why don't you buy it and then have me killed? That should enhance the value a little.
Nymphadora
Oooh, good idea! Or you and I can go on a mass bank robbing and killing spree. A la Bonny and Clyde. Said cane will be used to bludgeon all the bank tellers after we take the cash.
Jaded Prole
Kirk's best weapon are the his words. He can just raise the scepter and let loose until they surrender the moolah in awe.
Kirk
People do sometimes have an awed look on their face when I let loose,
oh wait, I meant odd; people usually have an odd look on their face when I . . .
Absomphe
They're homophones in Canadian.
traineraz
QUOTE(Kirk @ Oct 16 2007, 05:21 AM) *

People do sometimes have an awed look on their face when I let loose,
oh wait, I meant odd; people usually have an odd look on their face when I . . .

Depends?
Absinthesizer
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Oct 16 2007, 08:52 AM) *

One of my favorite CDs is published on the Homophone label.
Marc
As stated it is handmade
Oxygenee
QUOTE(Absinthesizer @ Oct 18 2007, 04:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Absomphe @ Oct 16 2007, 08:52 AM) *

One of my favorite CDs is published on the Homophone label.

I have it as well - "The Muse Surmounted". Well worth getting just for Cosme McMoons reminiscences of Florence Foster Jenkins.
Absinthesizer
One of my most prized possessions is an almost-complete set of Jenkins' Melotone 78s.

I'm not generally a 78 rpm snob - usually I'd prefer to listen to a good CD transfer of a 78 than go to the trouble of digging out the right stylus, finding the correct speed for the record, adjusting the EQ, and having to get up every three to four minutes to change the record - but Jenkins on 78 is indescribably hilarious. heart.gif
thegreenimp
You'd really love getting up every two mins. with an Edison Standard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.