Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'The Absintheur'
The Fe Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Mr. Creepy's Art Hole
Nurgle
Not mine infortunately, but I'm a big fan of the site Dreamhours. I hear photoshop isn't tht difficult once you get to know it, but still, I had a trial version some time ago and I didn't understand how to use it at all unfortunately :s

IPB Image

Marc
Beautiful pic! I love the tint.
absinthist
Looks like Baudelaire... Charles, is that you? Long time we have not seen, Edouard was asking abs-cheers.gif

Excellent work for finding him, Nurgle abs-cheers.gif
Selmac
That's cool! The glass looks a little out of scale though.
Marc
No, I have an East glass that size.
SoulShade
Nor'easter Glass?
traineraz
QUOTE(Nurgle @ Jun 5 2007, 12:17 PM) *

Not mine infortunately, but I'm a big fan of the site Dreamhours. I hear photoshop isn't tht difficult once you get to know it, but still, I had a trial version some time ago and I didn't understand how to use it at all unfortunately :s

Great site! It's a shame that the better digital artists won't get the same value appreciation as traditional artists. (Once the file is created, endless copies of the same work can be generated, unlike a print, where the plate is destroyed.) Though I imagine they can do well with licensing agreements!

I think that glass is properly Absomphesized.

By the way, I have to ask this because I've been slacking in the "pain in the ass" department lately: Why "Hail nearly-forgotten Greek goddess best remembered for her role in a cartoon"? Why not "Hail Adobe" or, better yet, "Hail John and Thomas Knoll"?

Hmmm, who's this other character?
Nurgle
[quote name='traineraz' date='Jun 8 2007, 12:18 AM' post='134109']
Why "Hail nearly-forgotten Greek goddess best remembered for her role in a cartoon"? Why not "Hail Adobe" or, better yet, "Hail John and Thomas Knoll"?

Ah, I knew this question would come :) Basically, I'm continuously indulging myself in strange/weird/'different' literature, and next on my list will be the major oeuvre known as Principia Discordia, of wich Eris is the matron deity (see Wikipedia for more details). Soon to come: Carlton mellick III's Sausagy Santa & The Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
grey boy
QUOTE(Nurgle @ Jun 8 2007, 10:18 AM) *

Soon to come: Carlton mellick III's Sausagy Santa

It's the greatest sausage-spewing, elf-raping, zombie-killing, Transformer-fucking, reindeer- exploding, snowman-battling, adventure-rocking, bizarro Christmas story OF ALL TIME!!!
Um, I need to get this.
absinthist

I think that glass is properly Absomphesized.

This is fer sure. I have got it today, double-pack, two glasses, 330 ml each (what makes 55 ml of extrait if 1:5 ratio harhar.gif ) and 27,5 cm tall.

I am the owner of the same goblet as well but made of blue, the green for sure will make even the poor louche or pre-ban look more attractive.

The price for each was circa 10 euro but absinthist has got a 50% discount biggrin.gif . Both goblets are hand-made in Krosno, btw.

louched liver
Cros+I use pint glasses.
absinthist
I have used to use them, the spoon balances well on the rim, but it was in high school, I tend to be more au naturel and traditional to the core. And nowadays, I really do not drink so much; time has an impact upon, y'know abs-cheers.gif
louched liver
Um, no...
Nymphadora
I'da thought you and Cros used buckets.
absinthist
International Drinking Contest:

First, comes German, he will be eating beer from a mug, 1st mug, 2nd mug,... 10th mug, German is out.
Then, comes Frenchman, he will be drinking vin rouge from bouteille, 1st bouteille, 2nd bouteille,... 14th bouteille, Frenchman is out.
Last but not least is Russian, he will be drinking Russian horilka with stakan (250 ml glass), 1st stakan, 5th stakan, 20th stakan, Russian is unfortunately out.
The last is Pole harhar.gif , he will be drinking moonshine with a ladle from a bucket. 1st ladle, 5th ladle, 15th ladle. The ladle is out, Pole is drinking directly from the bucket...
traineraz
QUOTE(Nurgle @ Jun 8 2007, 07:18 AM) *

Ah, I knew this question would come :) Basically, I'm continuously indulging myself in strange/weird/'different' literature, and next on my list will be the major oeuvre known as Principia Discordia, of wich Eris is the matron deity (see Wikipedia for more details). Soon to come: Carlton mellick III's Sausagy Santa & The Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Try The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, Julian Jaynes.

It's a lot more interesting than it sounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.