Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alandia Epoque (Deep Forest)
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Marc
Alandia Epoque
I wanted to open a new topic in case someone here ordered one and wanted to share his feelings.
I ordered one 10mn ago, I call it "curiosity", I should be able to give my opinion next week.
Nurgle
Looking forward to it, let us know your ponderings! I got scared of Alandia liquids after trying the Alandia Strong, although I haven't tasted the Maison Alandia yet...
absinthist
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jun 6 2007, 09:15 AM) *

Alandia Epoque
I wanted to open a new topic in case someone here ordered one and wanted to share his feelings.
I ordered one 10mn ago, I call it "curiosity", I should be able to give my opinion next week.

Brave and bold! Respect. Hopefully, it will not be that bad and you will share a detailed review.
Steve
I bought a bottle yesterday at Vert d'Absinthe. I am quite pleased with it. "Plus fort" herb-wise than the Eichelberger, but I would definitelly be able to identify it as made by the same distiller or from the same herb sources as it shares some of the same characteristics. Luc said it is better than the Maison Alandia but I haven't tasted that.

I took it with me to Peter's apartment last night, and we agreed that it does not have the creamy mouthfeel of the Jades. Personally I still rate it quite highly, but I have only had a glass and a half so far.

Hemingway's Hangover
I am about a third of the way through my first bottle of Epoque and I find it pleasant & tasty (with enough wormwood to satisfy) but just a bit overpriced, especially when one calculates shipping into the mix.

Alandia is shipping it at a "discount" and with a free spoon at the moment so that helps a bit, but it really could use a price cut of about 10 euros.
Shabba53
woops, already put it in another thread…
Jaded Prole
I'll trade a full bottle of Mater Labugnüle for a bottle of Epoque if anyone is interested -- maybe evern for half a bottle because I think the Mater sux. At least it isn't to my liking.
Marc
I tried it again yesterday and was disappointed, had a better souvenir of it when we sampled Spoon's bottle in Pontarlier/Boveresse.
Sixer and Helfrich were right, lack of green anise fragrance, a little 'flat'.
Ok it was right after a glass or two of PF Tarragona, strong in anise, but still.
I'll drink it from time to time, just to see how it evolves.
crosby
Never mind.
crosby
Or, …™.
louched liver
Sock it to 'im.
Wolfgang
I'm wondering if I should add a bottle of this to my next order…

any recent tasting ?

Shabba53
From my experience, it seems to be colored with AA. Not nearly worth the money. No need to take chances. Get something from Markus or LdF or even DUNY. You'll probably do a hell of a lot better,
Wolfgang
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Mar 24 2009, 12:19 PM) *
From my experience, it seems to be colored with AA. Not nearly worth the money. No need to take chances. Get something from Markus or LdF or even DUNY. You'll probably do a hell of a lot better,

Thanks but LDF doesn't ship to my corner of the world.

The description of Epoque talks about calamu, which can also contribute to bitterness. Maybe that's what you're mistaking for wormwood in the coloration, I don't know.

Marc
I don't remember feeling AA in the coloration, and I don't remember Spoon or Sixela or Helfrich or others feeling it either.

Anyway, not worth your $$.
Steve
No, there was no trace of Aa in the coloring as far as I could detect, and I violently dislike Aa coloring (as shown by my reaction to the Angelique). I thought the bottle I had was really good, we drank it right down, and I would have bought another bottle to take home if I could have. I'll see if Luc has an open bottle to taste when I stop in to see him this summer.
Conte d'Ugenta
I got an open bottle of Epoque and I'm pretty sure it has no AA in coloration either. Since I became a producer I avoid to give opinion on other CO absinthes, but the fact I still have an half full bottle from 2007 mean something…
Shabba53
QUOTE(Wolfgang @ Mar 24 2009, 12:58 PM) *

The description of Epoque talks about calamu,

Very true. That might be the case. It's been ages since I tried it. I got some when it first came out and haven't touched it since.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.