Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arak article and book
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
Bruno Rygseck
There is an article in Lebanese Daily Star about arak:

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?ed...rticle_id=82828

The book can be found in Amazon (not published yet at the time of this writing):

http://www.amazon.de/Arak-Mezze-Lebanon-Mi...037&sr=1-13

I ordered two bottles, Ksarak and Kefraya arak, and got this information from the merchant.

--BR
Bruno Rygseck
note: the Daily Star link works only for registered users (odd, since I was able to read it once).
Absomphe
The Ksarak is the best I've tasted.

Probably the extended two year aging in those clay jars, instead of the usual six months.
absinthist
QUOTE(Bruno Rygseck @ Jun 18 2007, 01:27 AM) *

note: the Daily Star link works only for registered users (odd, since I was able to read it once).

I couldn't if the website with shop loaded without any oddities. Maybe you have copied it and can post it?
Bruno Rygseck
The copy I received as an attachment is in PDF. I put it on my absinthe page (under construction).
absinthist
Thanks, excellent reading and a toast to an even brighter future for Arak abs-cheers.gif

Unfortunately, in Poland, there is only one(before war there were several brands wink.gif, no one knows here and there is it good or bad and its price has just doubled drastically. O tempora, o mores!

Provenance
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jun 18 2007, 05:31 AM) *

The Ksarak is the best I've tasted.

Probably the extended two year aging in those clay jars, instead of the usual six months.

Good thing it isn't absinthe or they wouldn't be able to age it more than six weeks.
absinthist
Or six days as it might be the case blink.gif . At least Lebanese know the tradition, stick to the tradition and never betray it. Europeans, learn!
Absomphe
Yes, I'd love to see some European buck the econmic considerations, and long-age a batch of absinthe in some clay jars. wink.gif
SoulShade
Nice!
pierreverte
there was going to be an absinthe made in lebanon...not now...

>stick to the tradition and never betray it.

ALLAHOU AKBAR!
absinthist
ARAK AKBAR!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.