Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mansinthe (prototype 35) is available
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Marc
From Markus' newsletter :

Mansinthe
Marilyn Manson is pretty much known to be an Absinthe lover. Some years ago his management startet purchasing his Absinthe from Absinthe-Distribution. Eventually we met after a concert in Switzerland and had the idea developing a Manson Absinthe. Prototype 35 is the final version before the soon to come Mansinthe.
Absinthe lovers will like this easy to drink Absinthe made from fine herbs - just like Duplais or Brevans. It is naturally colored and obviously not sugared.

Your feedback is highly welcome and may take influence on the final release.

Now you can make your own opinion based on the product and not the man.
Jaded Prole
In the literary world we send out review copies gratis.
sixela
The prerelease goes to a gallery that also exposes MM art. They set absolutely ludicrous prices for the prerelease (with special label designed by MM, and even a couple of signed ones).

So much for Markus being the king of profiteering - I doubt he'll set prices for the non-prerelease bottles at 300 and 500 Euros.
fryke
that's nice, prol. can you send me some, then? i'll give you some feedback gratis as well.
sixela: the proto 35 is 30 EUR for 0.75l.
sixela
I know. I was directing my ire at the gallery owners that set the price for the prerelease.
Shabba53
QUOTE(fryke @ Jul 5 2007, 11:41 AM) *

sixela: the proto 35 is 30 EUR for 0.75l.

It's for .7l. Add 70 EUR for shipping too.
Mistinguett

Anyone have a picture of the bottle? I can’t find it and I don’t remember seeing it at the distillery.
Manson’s “art” intrigues me. Well only the Betty Short murder interpretations. I love slaughter stories.
Jaded Prole
that's nice, prol. can you send me some, then?

You do reviews? I send stuff out whenever I publish and production ain't cheap.
fryke
I was kidding. I wanted to make the point that you don't just give your stuff for free to _anyone_, you have quite specific expectations when sending out review samples. _This_ is not the same thing here. It's been discussed more than a dozen times, I think. You're not required to send feedback, you're asked to. Kindly, I'd say. You're also not required to _buy_ the prototypes. If you don't _want_ such "unfinished" products, then don't buy them. But it's not like these prototypes were totally unpredictable. This one is, according to Markus, quite close to the final product, which goes to market next month. He still _can_ make adjustments, so feedback can actually take an effect, which is nice.
What would you expect Markus and Oliver to do with the prototypes? They create 50l of some great absinthe, and while it's not the finished product, it's still 50l of _something_ that is actually quite good. You wouldn't want them to sell it as the final product, if it actually _isn't_. You wouldn't want them to throw it away, would you?
sixela
QUOTE(Mistinguett @ Jul 5 2007, 05:31 PM) *

Anyone have a picture of the bottle? I can’t find it and I don’t remember seeing it at the distillery.
Manson’s “art” intrigues me. Well only the Betty Short murder interpretations. I love slaughter stories.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4486/mansintheqh5.jpg has the flier.

You can also buy the original "art"work in the gallery without the ugly "mansinthe" in Gothic script, but prepare for sticker shock (apparently the gallery thinks there are so many stupid MM dweebs that they can sell it for virtually anything).

Nurgle
QUOTE(sixela @ Jul 5 2007, 07:18 PM) *

Of course, 66.6%… *sigh*

Nice drawing though.
Marc
He is a good painter.
The label sucks though.
Jaded Prole
Probably fitting.
Marc
Butt you would have to sample it.
Jaded Prole
Butt I'm not all excited and waiting on the edge of my seat to do so. I look forward to the reviews.
peridot
QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Jul 5 2007, 10:00 AM) *

Add 70 EUR for shipping too.

What? Should be more like 50 to 55.
absinthist
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jul 5 2007, 11:30 AM) *

He is a good painter.

Trying to be Egon Schiele and Alexej Jawlensky in one, does not make you either Schiele or Jawlensky.
Shabba53
QUOTE(peridot @ Jul 5 2007, 04:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Shabba53 @ Jul 5 2007, 10:00 AM) *

Add 70 EUR for shipping too.

What? Should be more like 50 to 55.

Was 70 for me, but my order wasn't just for the P35. Had another .7l bottle, and two bottles of the CCC. But even so, would that equate to another 15 or 20 EUR in cost?
Alice the absinthe eater
how are Manson's paintings anything like Alexej Jawlensky's?
Marc
QUOTE(absinthist @ Jul 5 2007, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jul 5 2007, 11:30 AM) *

He is a good painter.

Trying to be Egon Schiele and Alexej Jawlensky in one, does not make you either Schiele or Jawlensky.

Egon Schiele is overrated anyway.
absinthist
Look there:

http://www.brigitte-schenk.de/

some are really in that vein, if there is one difference between the two.

Alice the absinthe eater
I looked through all the photos in the Manson gallery and I am still not seeing it.
absinthist
frusty.gif For example: "The R" (33), "The G" (34), "The B" (35), or "Morning" (37), the others are, on the other hand, very much in the vein of Schiele, some are iconoclastic and should not be considered even as "art".
Head_prosthesis
I just want Markus to let Manson know
that I am suspending our Wolverine/Buckeye
rivalry and that he has my blessing.

Anyone that likes Serpis
as much as I do,
is good in my book.

And let me tell you,
it's barely a novela.
Hemingway's Hangover
Arguing about which classical artwork the paintings of Marilyn Manson resemble most is just as much of a waste of time as debating if Brittney Spears was influenced more by Nina Simone or Billie Holiday.

Manson has been quoted as saying the old man on the label is William S. Burroughs: I wonder if James Grauerholz (the executor of Burroughs' estate) knows this.

Absomphe
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jul 5 2007, 12:56 PM) *

Butt you would have to sample it.

You're really a bit obsessed with butt sampling, aintcha?

Oh, well, everybutty kneads a hobby, I guess.
absinthist
QUOTE(Hemingway's Hangover @ Jul 5 2007, 05:30 PM) *

Arguing about which classical artwork the paintings of Marilyn Manson resemble most is just as much of a waste of time as debating if Brittney Spears was influenced more by Nina Simone or Billie Holiday.

Manson has been quoted as saying the old man on the label is William S. Burroughs: I wonder if James Grauerholz (the executor of Burroughs' estate) knows this.

That's right-she can't sing, either. Are you suggesting lawsuit?
Marc
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jul 6 2007, 04:52 AM) *

You're really a bit obsessed with butt sampling, aintcha?

Um, yes

evill.gif
Hemingway's Hangover
QUOTE(absinthist @ Jul 6 2007, 04:15 AM) *

Are you suggesting lawsuit?

Don't be ridiculous. If anything it's a tribute. Big Bill liked vodka & Pepsi in his later years, though.

I don't know if he ever drank absinthe.
Patlow
Anybody taste this yet that can talk about it? Is there a review?
fryke
It's simple and good. Nice green, too. Perfect entry-level absinthe. Let's hope Manson gets a lot of people to try it. But there's not much reason to write a review on here right now, since basically anything from Kallnach gets bashed by people who hang theirs in the windows.
Provenance
You definitely shouldn't write a review you poor dear. Best not to give the nasty people a chance to disagree with you.

Your ego may never recover from such a bashing.
Shabba53
It's definitely OK, tastewise, but the color seems fake. Extremely bright green. It's something I'd drink, but wouldn't go out of my way for. I'll post a full review later.
hdtv00
I'm interested in trying this brand too. I hope to get some, course I'm also hoping for restock of Lucid from what ever that place was that I put the order in. I do have all 5 20cl Jades bottles coming. So least that will hold me over till I can come up with some more brands. Either way I'm looking forward to whatever I can get being so new to quality product.
speedle
QUOTE(fryke @ Jul 24 2007, 01:03 PM) *
It's simple and good. Nice green, too. Perfect entry-level absinthe. Let's hope Manson gets a lot of people to try it. But there's not much reason to write a review on here right now, since basically anything from Kallnach gets bashed by people who hang theirs in the windows.

Oh come on, post a review. Everybody gets bashed around here eventually! cdog-plain.gif
traineraz
Nobody bashes reviews here. Distillers, products, and Absomphe, sure. But reviews? Not so much.

The point of the scoresheet is to keep it as objective as possible.

So write a review, and if someone wants to disagree with your review, he'll have to try the product himself.
speedle
True enough.
Marc
What Trainer said.
Provenance
Why go to the effort of writing a careful review when it's easier to whine about how someone may not like it?
traineraz
Excellent point.
Patlow
Why would anyone care about who made it? I am not really too invloved around here anymore, but that would seem like the cuntiest thing in the world of anybody…
Shabba53
Prototype 35 - Mansinthe

Reviewed by Shabba 7/25/2007

COLOR BEFORE WATER 6/10
It's definitely green, but to me it seems unnaturally so. Very bright.

LOUCHE ACTION 8/10
GREAT oil trails from the beginning. It gets progressively cloudy, but doesn't really build from the bottom so much as clouds up everywhere.

COLOR AFTER WATER 8/10
After water, it turns into a nice opaque white/green. The brightness of the green color calms down and becomes much less artificial looking.

AROMA 27/30
Very nice. Light and crisp. Tastes of wormwood, hyssop and rounded out by anise. Just a hint of freshly cut celery.

MOUTH-FEEL 7/10
Full and rich, but maybe just a tad too thin.

TASTE 16/20
Very refreshing. Nice wormwood bitterness pairs well with the anise sweetness. No major flaws, but there is just a little bit of burn on the way down.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 8/10
Overall, quite a surprise, given its sponsor. However, its distiller has kept with his tradition of top notch distillation. An enjoyable drink. I may not appreciate MM very much, but I do appreciate his 'Mansinthe'.

Shabba scores Prototype 35 - Mansinthe 80 out of 100
Provenance
Well done.
Marc
Thanks for the review.
Now we've got one.
Wild Bill Turkey
Wait, aren't we going to do a post-mortem nit-picking of the review? I'll start…

Shabba, you obvious newbie, stop putting vapo-rub under your nostrils before a review, you've been watching too much CSI. And what did you use to review the color, your collapsible white cane? You don't understand any 'mouth feel' you can't wrap your lips around, or any aroma that doesn't come from a whippit.

Now the review's official.
Provenance
Mansinthe and whippits. Now we're talking serious party favors.
traineraz
I'll be at the party with Dita von Teese and whips instead.

Um, but yours sounds . . . fun, too.
Provenance
No, Dita and whips would be better.
Marc
Indeed™
louched liver
You betta it'd
be bettah w/
Dita.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.