Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: La Philosophe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Fee Verte Absinthe Buyers Guide
hartsmar
Distilled in Couvet, Switzerland by Logis de La Fee Verte.

AVERAGE SCORE 73

Reviewed by Hartsmar 7/7/2007

COLOR BEFORE WATER 10/10
All clear.

LOUCHE ACTION 8/10
A decent build-up with a little clouding going on. Ends up a good opaque thick white.

COLOR AFTER WATER 8/10
Nice white. Could be even more milky white, but it's fine.

AROMA 22/30
Before water: A typical La Bleue with strong fennel, anise, some mint and the wormwood nicely in the back. Well balanced but rather uninteresting. It shows a decent complexity.
After water: It presents a more mellow herbal flowery touch, a bit nicer than before.

MOUTH-FEEL 6/10
At first very nice, full and rich. Then, it ends in an awkward dirty taste left in the mouth.

TASTE 13/20
An ok La Bleue but nothing special. The one thing that bothers me and lowers the score is that odd after-taste - that strange dirty taste left in the mouth. It's not typically indicative of an error in manufacture, it's just an odd taste that seems completely misplaced.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 6/10
Yet another La Bleue. There are better ones, but it's drinkable - no more, no less.

Hartsmar scores La Philosophe 73 out of 100
Toxic_Psychosis
I don't have the skills necessary to do an official score-card type tasting, but I'd just like to add my 2 cents:

Of all the La Bleues I had in VdT, this one was my favorite. It had a slight lemony tang that I found very appealing. Of course, that fact alone might be enough to dismiss it in many absintheurs minds
hartsmar
Not at all. Citrusy notes are quite typical in most Spanish absentas, old and new.
Some La Bleues have them and yes, it's a bit more pronounced in the Philosophe.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.