AVERAGE SCORE 60

Reviewed by Shabba 7/30/2007

COLOR BEFORE WATER 4/10
An interesting neon green hue. No visible particulates. Not the most inviting color I've ever seen.

LOUCHE ACTION 8/10
The louche isn't bad. Lots of trails, and builds pretty thick.

COLOR AFTER WATER 7/10
It's a bit too thick for me. It seems a little uneven in uniformity as well. However, the color looks more natural now, as the neon color has been muted.

AROMA 12/30
Before water - Antiseptic and medicinal. A little funk. It'll clear out your sinuses quickly with the alcoholic burn.

After water - The burn settles down a bit and the anis and fennel come out. Not terrible, but not good either.

MOUTH-FEEL 8/10
One of the better qualities of this absinthe. Thick and rich and remeniscent of a 2% milk in feel.

TASTE 15/20
It's not half bad. Clean and crisp, but it does burn on the way down. Not unpleasant, but I've had better, including better Spanish brands.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 6/10
Overall, it's a middle to low shelf option, but it's one of the most widely available brands if you're in Spain for a visit. If your in a pinch and can't find anything better, it will scratch the absinthe itch.

Although this was one of the first absinthes I bought, it should be of note that I still have about 1/3 of the bottle left after 10 years.

Shabba scores Deva 70 60 out of 100