Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Montrachet anyone?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
hartsmar
At the last Swedish wine and spirits auction on june 12th, a 6 liter bottle of 1983 Le Montrachet was sold. Final price? 210.000 Swedish krona. That is - roughly $30.000 or €22.500.

Oh, and then you should add a 20% auction fee to that.

I hear it goes well with hot dogs.

Absomphe
I'll stick with Krug Clos de Mesnil '83.
hartsmar
That's nice but that is much nicer with Chicken Taquitos from Taco Bell. A hot dog would not do it justice.
Provenance
A little expensive, perhaps. But well within some people's bar budget.
absinthist
I have bought two nice Hungarian wines for very reasonable prices if somewhere else they would be three-times expensive.

These are Tokaji Aszu 2000 bottle no: 15 and Egri Bikaver Simon 2004 (in fact, last bottle). Waiting for occassions to be opened, especially Tokaji.
bob_chong
It's too bad that so few Hungarian wines are available in the US.
absinthist
I thought they were.

In fact, in Poland, there are four wine-shops dealing with genuine Hungarian bor: in Krosno (near Rzeszow), in Warsaw, Tarnow, and in Cracow. What you get in other shops is neither wine nor Hungarian.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.