Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fragile Drippers
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
grazer
Hello all - Can anyone advise where to purchase a glass dripper that has some substance to it and will not easily crack? I have gone through several that are very fragile, and have cracked under anything but very light handling. Introducing the ice into the dripper in a reasonably gentle fashion has still cracked the glass around the orifice. I'm grateful for any suggestions - thanks.
The Standard Deviant
Have you tried pouring some cool water over the glass first so it is at a closer temperature to the ice? Otherwise, you could just pour iced water from a jug into the dripper without putting ice directly in.
Wild Bill Turkey
The drippers sold by Maison d'Absinthe, which I think are the same ones sold by the Frenchman, are more sturdy than most others, and are made differently, with a smaller hole drilled into the flat bottom, instead of the ground-off peak that creates the hole on other drippers.

If you want a dripper to take onto the battlefield in your messkit, the Frenchman has just introduced a Metal Dripper (scroll to the bottom of the page)
grazer
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Aug 20 2007, 08:03 PM) *

The drippers sold by Maison d'Absinthe, which I think are the same ones sold by the Frenchman, are more sturdy than most others, and are made differently, with a smaller hole drilled into the flat bottom, instead of the ground-off peak that creates the hole on other drippers.

If you want a dripper to take onto the battlefield in your messkit, the Frenchman has just introduced a Metal Dripper (scroll to the bottom of the page)

Thanks much - I ordered and received a lamaisond dripper, and it is exactly what I was hoping for - an attractive, heavy duty dripper.
G&C
frusty.gif
crosby
I was too drunk to find that emoticon, butt thanks.
absinthist
Was it 45 glasses, then? Big respect, when I am your age I shall repeat it in your honour, Cros.
Absomphe
Except yours will look something like this:

"I wsa twoo draiunk to fidn that eomtaicno btuue thnx." harhar.gif
absinthist
Your Polish part's, buddy, gettin' bigger and bigger; exactly my words, maybe a bit different.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.