Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendor Guide: Premier Wine and Spirits (Canada)
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Fee Verte Absinthe Buyers Guide > The Fee Verte Absinthe Vendors Guide
Anubis
For all Canadian forum members:

I am sure you are all aware how limited Canada is in the absinthe market. In Ontario, our provincial Liquor Control Board only stocks Pernod 68 and Hill's Czechsinth, while in other provinces absinthe has not been approved for general sale. While various European distributors try to get into the Canadian market, there is a solution for those of us that want something different in the meantime.

Premier Wine and Spirits in Halifax, Nova Scotia is the sole distributor for La Fee Parisian Absinthe in Canada. I have ordered from them twice and have experienced no problems to date (the second order should be arriving this week). The ship out the orders promptly via Canada Post, and provide you with a tracking number for you to check the progress of your order online.

I will provide an update as to my experience with my second order when it arrives.

Tibro
Have you considered emigrating?
Anubis
QUOTE(Tibro @ Sep 4 2007, 04:03 AM) *

Have you considered emigrating?

To?
Tibro
Well, even south of your border would increase your absinthe options. But if you can speak a little Quebecois you might want to try the Franche-Comté area, for instance. Just a thought.
Anubis
QUOTE(Tibro @ Sep 4 2007, 10:06 AM) *

Well, even south of your border would increase your absinthe options. But if you can speak a little Quebecois you might want to try the Franche-Comté area, for instance. Just a thought.

I know you can import various European absinthes to the US without issue, but Quebec is still subject to the same customs regulations as the rest of Canada, and thereby would have the same importation problems.

To be perfectly honest, I speak absolutely no French (Quebecois or otherwise), and moving to a different province within Canada wouldn't exactly be "emigrating". Beside that, French beer sucks and I would still be ordering La Fee from Halifax. frusty.gif
Tibro
Speaking of frusty.gif, the Franche-Comté isn't in Canada. And they have real absinthe there. Even make a fair bit of it.
Anubis
LOL! Please excuse my ignorance….

When you mentioned speaking Quebecois, I had assumed Franche-Comté was a part of Quebec. I have personally never heard of the place… Where is it?
Tibro
I'm talking about here. If I had said the Doubs district I was afraid it would be too obvious. It never hurts to learn how to do searches.
Anubis
I never thought you may be talking about France, as "Quebecois" is what Canadians generally refer to the French dialect spoken in Quebec, as well as the Francophones that reside there. It is quite different then the French dialect spoken in the country of France, and the term generally inspires Canadians to think of Montreal and Carnival de Quebec, not the Eiffel Tower.

Regardless, with French employment policies the way they are, I highly doubt emigrating there is in the cards for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.