Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early reservoir glass
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Marc
One of the first reservoir glass, around 1850.
It is in MCD's book (my glass is 18cm not 16cm) :
IPB Image

Side by side with a classic Pontarlier glass :
IPB Image

Note the thickness difference (4mm VS 2mm) and the very small hole to the reservoir (around 4mm):
IPB Image

IPB Image

The magic can start! water and absinthe are dancing like crazy, mixing together on both sides:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
absinthist
Supercaliexpialiokurwafuckingabsintheletelyfidicious abs-cheers.gif Nothing more to add. Socky's lucky!

What is the capacity of the lower "balloon"-40 ml or less?
Marc
40ml exactly.
absinthist
And who will say astigmatism is bad, hehe.
Shabba53
An amazing find! Beautiful. Simply beautiful. abs-cheers.gif
Absomphe
I'm absolutely in awe of its simple elegance, Monsieur! chickawow.gif

Now you can Ur-Absomphesize with class, despite the obvious oxymoron. abs-cheers.gif
traineraz
Looks like the glass could function as a self-contained dripper, when using a carafe. Neat idea, though I guess it'd be a bitch to clean.
Wild Bill Turkey
Yeah, with bubble-reservoir glasses, even the modern ones from Alandia, the best way to clean them is to rinse them out with water as soon as you're done drinking out of them, and leave them inverted to drip dry. As soon as anything is allowed to dry in the bottom of the glass, it's all over.
Marc
. . . ™
OMG_Bill
Gorgeous glass. So graceful and elegant. Pretty fucking nice!
Tibro
But so delicate and thin and evanescent its like you can see it and then it's gone. sleepy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.