Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: La Fee ancestor ?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
Marc
Pinand Absinthe from 40's-50's :

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As you can see, this oils mix was intended for cocktails.
Water has no action on it.
The sweet and light taste is rather pleasant, a plant candy.

Any information about this absinthe is welcome.
absinthist
Interesting find, Socky, do you ever rest? abs-cheers.gif What is its percentage?
Marc
No idea but I would say between 30% and 40%
Absomphe
That's relatively weak to have been called absinthe…how's the louche?
Marc
Here is an old thread about it

Mine could be 60 proof as well.

Abs, no louche, see last picture.
Absomphe
I thought, perhaps, if you continued to add water beyond the point in the photo, it might begin to cloud a bit.
La Fee has, if anything, almost too good (and quick) a louche, as I recall.

From the slightly bluish cast, and total lack of louche, it would probably qualify as Hill's much better tasting ancestor, as well, although the candy-like flavor definitely sounds LaFeeish.

It's interesting that apparently very little anise was used in the "compound"

Too bad there's no detailed listing of the herbs.
Jaded Prole
Aside from "candylike," could you describe the flavor? Is it anise based?
Marc
I can't really describe the flavor, I've extracted only 2cl from the bottle and because of the low proof I've quickly over diluted it.
Plus, my palate is not really used to nuclear oil mixes, so the first thing that came to mind while drinking that syrup was "funny candy taste", then came a flat anise taste that reminded me of the 40's 50's Pernod pastis I've tasted many times, and then nothing, the glass was empty and no taste left on my palate…
hartsmar
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Sep 19 2007, 08:48 AM) *
my palate is not really used to nuclear oil mixes

...you rang? wink.gif

Sleeper
I like how it says it was compounded. Sounds industrial, just how I like my absinthe to taste.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.