Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Languedoc-Rousillon Wine
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
The Standard Deviant
I've had some really good wines from the Languedoc-Rousillon region recently. As far as I can tell, the area doesn't seem to suffer from the problem of region-wide hype-inflated prices like Bordeaux or Burgundy.

If you can get it, try Chateau Haut-Blanville Grand Cuvée 2004. I've drunk from three bottles of this and each has been excellent. I've also tried a red wine from Château Saint-Jean d'Aumières which had a strong cassis smell.

Has anyone else had anything interesting from Languedoc recently? Or any other wine?
pierreverte
>As far as I can tell, the area doesn't seem to suffer from the problem of region-wide hype-inflated prices like Bordeaux or Burgundy

no, they just suffer in general…except for a handful that mostly had money to start with…a shame, great wines there…and angry farmers…déjà vu all over again

Click to view attachment
The Standard Deviant
Any examples of the great wines?
Donnie Darko
Rectified L-D wine is what Pernod Fils used as their alcohol base.

This has jack shit to do w/ French wine, but I had a bottle of this Australian wine called The Battle of Bosworth which I thought was pretty good for the price. It was around $28, and it's super concentrated, earthy, almost chocolatey, with a bold alcohol kick. Definitely not a light summer wine, but I can picture Ulysses S. Grant drinking it for breakfast. I'd recommend it, it's not for drinkers who don't like deep wines, but I liked it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.