Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe in USA Today
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Lord Stanley
How much more mainstream can it get?

Not a bad article actually. Nothing new but nothing too sensational either.
After all, it's USA Today.
bob_chong
The article mentions Kübler 53 retailing for $49.99/l. That's almost $20 cheaper than Markus--and once you factor in overseas shipping, US retail is about half the price. Not bad, if you can find it. Anyone seen it anywhere yet?
Icarus
Ummm, nope.
G&C
Kübler, (106-proof, $49.99 for one liter), …, makes its debut in October.
hartsmar
Well G&C... I think that is for the "Green Moon" brand which is mentioned in the same paragraph as Kübler...
G&C
So I read over it too fast.
hartsmar
Atleast you read it...
Jaded Prole
Sounds like the "Green Moon" should be labeled "absente."
absinthist
Or even worse. Btw, when will the real deal absinthe™ appear? evill.gif
Donnie Darko
Gotta love this schlocktail recipe on there:
Absinthe Bloody Scary: Lucid absinthe, Plan B Bloody Mary mix, splash of Tabasco and Worcestershire, celery salt, pepper and jumbo pickle. Served with a Guinness chaser. $8|

I'll be back in a second, I have to go vomit…
absinthist
Donnie, you have just pointed out one of the reasons for my question abs-cheers.gif Very traditional absinthe cocktail, indeed frusty.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE(absinthist @ Sep 28 2007, 05:11 AM) *

Btw, when will the real deal absinthe™ appear? evill.gif

$49.99 for a liter of pre-ban? chickawow.gif
absinthist
Reasonable price for a resonable offer. You are the seller???
G&C
More of a buyer in wanting.
Absomphe
Absolutely.

Who wouldn't pounce on such a fine investment opportunity?
Sleeper
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Sep 28 2007, 06:43 AM) *

Gotta love this schlocktail recipe on there:
Absinthe Bloody Scary: Lucid absinthe, Plan B Bloody Mary mix, splash of Tabasco and Worcestershire, celery salt, pepper and jumbo pickle. Served with a Guinness chaser. $8|

I'll be back in a second, I have to go vomit…

The thought that there's a bloody mary mix called Plan B and a birth control tablet of the same name is enough for me.
Artemis
Gotta love this schlocktail recipe on there

Why not just throw a road-killed armadillo on the table and stick a corkscrew in your eye?
Pataphysician
QUOTE(Sleeper @ Sep 28 2007, 09:35 AM) *

The thought that there's a bloody mary mix called Plan B and a birth control tablet of the same name is enough for me.

There's supposed to be a comma in there:
"Plan B, Bloody Mary mix, splash of Tabasco…"
The pill is in case someone boinks you while you're passed out.
speedle
Jesus, I was just at the damn Platinum the other night, and didn't even look at the bar, or any other menu! I didn't see this article in the print edition either, I wonder if it was in there. Of course, I was on a plane by then anyway. Can't wait to go back in February though! BTW they do serve Ricard with a seperate carafe of water at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant, which was encouraging, so I had two of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.