Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cats: Why we love them
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
MrsAbsomphe
How cats gently wake their human servants.

---Tish
absinthist
Excellent!
Absomphe
And here I thought our 6,732 cats were so damned special, but no, apparently they're all the freakin' same.
Sleeper
Cats: Why we love them, and why we would like to send them to the cornfield.

I'm good as long as they don't scratch up my Perry Como.
Neptunati
Very funny my cat does the same stuff.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Sleeper @ Oct 23 2007, 11:21 PM) *

my Perry Como.

Now that's an original name for it. harhar.gif
The Standard Deviant
I'm convinced there would be a way of harnessing the kneading motion of a cat's paws to produce artisan bread.
Absinthesizer
Akin to the idea of attaching the floors of day-care centers to electric generators?
MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE(Absinthesizer @ Oct 24 2007, 05:46 PM) *

…attaching the floors of day-care centers to electric generators?

I have always maintained that junior high school students should all be shipped off and be required to run on treadmills to power eco-friendly generators, which, in turn could power the country.

The energy that can be produced by a single classroom full of 7th graders could probably run a small city.

I figure that after a couple of years of working for the betterment of the world they could finally pass as human beings and be permitted back into the society as a whole.

I am glad I am a high school teacher. Sometimes.

Not today, though. I would like to know why 10th graders can spend more freaking time explaining why they didn't complete a THREE PARAGRAPH assignment than it would take to write it.

I need a drink. Probably Absomphe-sized. (Get your minds out of the gutters!!)

---Tish
Absomphe
heart.gif evill.gif abs-cheers.gif
Tibro
I figure that after a couple of years of working for the betterment of the world they could finally pass as human beings and be permitted back into the society as a whole.
C'mon. Really?
Wouldn't it be better to just let them post here?
MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE(Tibro @ Oct 24 2007, 06:09 PM) *

…let them post here?

Only after they've powered New York City for a year.
hartsmar
Being VERY allergic to cats, one of the more important things on "things to do in this life" is to come up with a pill that causes ALL cats to lose ALL their hair and never to f*cking lick themselves again!

Agent orange comes to mind.
G&C
Cat dander is a bitch!
Kirk
I never let cats in the house, I've got a persian that lives outside and sleeps on the back porch, she knocks every night at the same time to come in on the porch and then lets herself out in the morning.
She brought me exactly one of each variety of bird and then quit hunting. It was like; here's a nice sparrow for you Kirk, oh you don't like that?
Here's a nice cardinal then, no? Maybe you like Blue Jay? Indigo bunting?
Surely this mocking bird tastes goood?
After one summer of that she started sleeping all day and not hunting.
Absomphe
More than twenty years ago, I had a Siamese who brought me a bird (and, or, some other small critter) nearly every day, and I let him sleep in the house. Then again, they're more like a cross between good huntin' dogs, and spoiled infants, anyway.
The Standard Deviant
Oh, there is a cat being sold in America which has been selectively bred to not have the gene which causes the allergenic protein in the saliva!

http://www.allerca.com/
traineraz
A friend of mine has a Jack Russell terrier named Max.

Max loves cats.

Max loves to chase cats.

Max loves to catch cats.

Max loves to take cats apart to figure out how they work.

Max has not yet developed the skills necessary to reassemble cats, and has shown no interest in that avenue of study.
Kirk
If you live next to a landfill, over run with rats, get a Jack Russell,
if not, don't.
Le Gimp
Yea, Yorkies are another breed that are mousers, squirrelers, etc.

I've had two cats, well one and my wife had one. Hers was a Ragdoll that shed like crazy. Mine was an American Tabby. The tabby was a real hunter till we got her declawed and kept her indoors. She loved dove and would bring me one occasionally along with moles. She caught a rabbit once and I let it go. The rabbit was almost as big as she was.
Absomphe
QUOTE(traineraz @ Oct 27 2007, 05:16 PM) *

Max loves to take cats apart to figure out how they work.

Max has not yet developed the skills necessary to reassemble cats, and has shown no interest in that avenue of study.

So, how long has Max had this terrible meth addiction, anyway?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.