Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Presidential campaign abducted by aliens
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
Pages: 1, 2
traineraz
Dennis Kucinich is sharing a little too much.

Oct 30th 2007 11:44PM

In one of the strangest exchanges in primary presidential debate history occurred in the Drexel University-MSNBC Democratic debate. And believe it or not Mike Gravel was not allowed in this debate and thus was not a part of the exchange.

It started when Tim Russert asked Dennis Kucinich about his daughter's godmother, actress Shirley McLaine's recounting of a UFO sighting. McLaine claims that Kucinich saw a UFO over her house. Mr. Kucinich confirmed he did indeed see a UFO and felt it communicate with him.

You read that right. Democratic Congressman and Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich admitted during a debate that he witnessed and communicated with a UFO.

absinthist
If they were drinkin' bad old-fashioned booze, no wonder.
bob_chong
It was a move calculated by Russert & co. to deliver a knockout punch to Kucinich, whom they probably would have preferred to not even include in the debate. It was a bullshit question. I am sure Hillary was grateful for it.

(Yes, this is Chong speaking.)
Jaded Prole
At least (it may be assumed) the UFO wasn't telling him to invade or bomb another country.

I'd still vote for him given the chance but then I'd vote for Colbert.
absinthist
Butt you have to say the pledge first.
Artemis
There is a classic Simpsons episode wherein the two tentacled aliens capture Bob Dole and Bill Clinton, take on their human forms and then proceed to campaign for votes. Someone objects to them walking along holding hands and they reply that they're only exchanging long protein strings - can the questioner think of a BETTER way to do it?
Jaded Prole
Apparently other methods have been tried.
Artemis
Yes, but even attempting such a method got a senator arrested in the Minneapolis airport and made a blue dress world famous. Risky bidness for a politician.
Donnie Darko
HA!

Who is Dennis Kucinich?
Pataphysician
Somebody better tell Neptunati about this. This requires investigation.
traineraz
QUOTE(bob_chong @ Oct 31 2007, 11:04 AM) *

It was a move calculated by Russert & co. to deliver a knockout punch to Kucinich, whom they probably would have preferred to not even include in the debate. It was a bullshit question. I am sure Hillary was grateful for it.

(Yes, this is Chong speaking.)

Mark this day on your calendars!

Today, I AGREE with Chong on a political issue!! abs-cheers.gif

QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Oct 31 2007, 12:36 PM) *

HA!

Who is Dennis Kucinich?

The Democratic version of Ron Paul, but with more money and modestly more-intelligent followers.
absinthist
You have just ruined the investigation, TAZ. nono.gif How could you?
speedle
Ron Paul's a crook.
traineraz
How dare you mock RuPaul!

I certainly hope you have evidence for your vicious assertions.
bob_chong
QUOTE(traineraz @ Oct 31 2007, 04:53 PM) *

The Democratic version of Ron Paul, but with more money and modestly more-intelligent followers.

I imagine both guys' followers come heavily from the right side of the bell curve. Do you have any data to back up your claim, or are you just basing it on "bleeding heart must equal genius" kind of math?

Anyway, that really pissed me off last night during the debate. I am almost certain that, that question came from the Clintons. Kucinich should be engaged and questioned about his real ideas (none of which I agree with, incidentally…surprise, surprise), not some BS one to make him look bad. His regular nutroots ideas are wacky enough on their own and should be exposed as bad ideas by themselves.
speedle
Just onacuz I really don't want to talk about Democrats….

Ron Paul criminal botnet
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Pataphysician @ Oct 31 2007, 05:25 PM) *

FWIW I think UFO investigating is time better spent than promoting 9/11 conspiracy theories. Scientists at least acknowledge that extraterrestrial life is probable, unlike any 9/11 conspiracy theory.

As for Ron Paul, I think he'd stand a better chance if he were Ru Paul.

The only candidate I'm interested in is the one that isn't running: Mike Bloomberg.
bob_chong
Bloomberg? Yes, an effete, diminutive Jew from New York has an excellent chance of being elected! Too bad he's not running.
Jaded Prole
Better than another southern buffoon.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(bob_chong @ Nov 1 2007, 09:17 AM) *

Bloomberg? Yes, an effete, diminutive Jew from New York has an excellent chance of being elected!

What, being a white male isn't qualification enough? Seriously, a white male non-practicing Jew is more electable than a black pretend-Christian ex-Muslim ex-Atheist, or a robotic insincere ex-First Lady. Of course I think race/gender/ethnic heritage are all entirely irrelevant when it comes to someone's ability to implement good policy, but the media and other bait-and-switch types of course will make a bigger deal out of those vapid issues than real issues that might actually affect people.

Bloomberg has a higher approval rating than Giuliani when he was mayor, and, unlike all the other candidates and like most of America, he's a centrist. He's in favour of greatly improving public education, using the private sector when it comes to social policy innovation, in favour of progressive economic policy and strong defense. Obviously there's things I disagree with the guy on, but I like him way better than any of the other assholes running. He's the only Republican I've ever voted for, though he isn't one anymore.
traineraz
QUOTE(bob_chong @ Oct 31 2007, 07:04 PM) *

QUOTE(traineraz @ Oct 31 2007, 04:53 PM) *

I imagine both guys' followers come heavily from the right side of the bell curve. Do you have any data to back up your claim, or are you just basing it on "bleeding heart must equal genius" kind of math?

Actually, I base my assertion on having seen recently quite a bit of RuPaul's High-School Spam Brigade on another forum, and the level of intellect they bring to a discussion. (I believe I've lost several IQ points just by reading their incoherent posts. Sixer's head would likely explode if he were exposed to such writing.) They also seem incapable of understanding the distinction between grassroots support and a flash mob.

I've also seen writers supporting Kucinich, in 2004 and 2008, and all were articulate and capable of rational discussion instead of relying upon personal attacks. I didn't agree with them, but they didn't reflect poorly upon the candidate they supported.

Edit: Perhaps I would have been more clear had I said "marginally less simple-minded" instead of "modestly more intelligent".
QUOTE(speedle @ Oct 31 2007, 08:05 PM) *

Just onacuz I really don't want to talk about Democrats….

Ron Paul criminal botnet

Thanks, Speedle. Of course, this doesn't prove that RuPaul is "a crook", just that his supporters (Pauliewogs or Paulistas) have no respect for the laws of the nation.
traineraz
I have been corrected on another forum . . . I wish to formally apologize for any inconvenience, emotional distress, or ill will experienced by the entertainer known as RuPaul Charles. It was not my intent to insult this honorable gender-bending performer by associating him with Ron Paul.

From now on, I shall refer to Ron Paul as OB/GYN Paul, or something else relevant to his followers, personality, or qualifications for the presidency.

I'm open to suggestions.
Selmac
Speaking of campaign absurdities, the Democrats just blocked Colbert's candidacy. They were probably afraid of him.
Artemis
FWIW I think UFO investigating is time better spent than promoting 9/11 conspiracy theories. Scientists at least acknowledge that extraterrestrial life is probable

But UFOs don't necessarily have anything to do with life outside of Earth. They don't have to be spacecraft, or craft of any kind, or physically "real", to be a problem worth solving.

Donnie Darko
Precisely, it's at least an observable phenomenon that we could learn something from (albeit one likely to have terrestrial explanations), whereas 9/11 is already solved.

You'd think Al-Qaeda admitting to the 9/11 attacks would be enough for these morons, but every time I bring that up, they claim the numerous statements made by Al-Qaeda members, including Bin Laden himself, are CIA fakes.
Pataphysician
That's where this 9/11 "inside job" stuff hits a dead end. Why didn't the CIA just concoct a video of Saddam Hussein saying "I did it and I'm proud of it!"?
Steyr850
Cauz Al Jazizzum hired all the doubles.
hobgoblin
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 2 2007, 01:56 PM) *

You'd think Al-Qaeda admitting to the 9/11 attacks would be enough for these morons,

Actually that wouldn't be enough.

Plenty of terrorist attacks in the world are carried out by one organisation and claimed by another, often with the collusion of the other organisation (which can often be on the 'opposing side' of the other organisation). Plenty of attacks in Northern Ireland were carried out by either Republican terrorists, Loyalist terrorists, the RUC, or the British forces, and the responsibility for the attack was claimed by an organisation on the opposite side. The claiming of responsibility for attacks was indeed 'traded' by the , who saw it to their disadvantage to claim the attack, to another organisation who saw advantage in claiming the attack.

I'm not saying for one moment that the American government 'traded' the right to claim 9/11 attack to Al-Qaeda , however the fact that Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility for the attack doesn't in itself prove that they in fact carried it out; other supporting evidence is needed. However, the evidence that the attack was carried out by Islamic terrorists is pretty conclusive.

(Although the claims and implications made at the time that Saddam Hussain was somehow behind the attack were even lamer than the evidence presented to support the claim that Saddam Hussein had Weapons of Mass Destruction.)
Jaded Prole
Blaming Hussein was indeed a conspiracy and like most real conspiracies it doesn't take much digging to expose it.
Donnie Darko
FWIW the administration never outright blamed Saddam for 9/11, though speeches were delivered in a manner that mentioned 9/11 a LOT and mentioned Saddam a LOT, and dots were connected in the public's mind, even if those connections were wrong.

hobgoblin
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 2 2007, 10:03 PM) *

FWIW the administration never outright blamed Saddam for 9/11, though speeches were delivered in a manner that mentioned 9/11 a LOT and mentioned Saddam a LOT, and dots were connected in the public's mind, even if those connections were wrong.

The connections that the public made were the connections that the administration wanted the public to make. They wanted the public to think that Saddam was linked to 9/11 and the public (or at least a substantial section of the public) believed this. It was a very cynical deception, it was the US administration very cynically using the tragedy of 9/11 for its own ends.
Neptunati
[quote name='Donnie Darko' date='Nov 1 2007, 07:27 AM' post='141323']
[quote name='Pataphysician' post='141284' date='Oct 31 2007, 05:25 PM']
[/quote]

FWIW I think UFO investigating is time better spent than promoting 9/11 conspiracy theories. Scientists at least acknowledge that extraterrestrial life is probable, unlike any 9/11 conspiracy theory.

I want proof!
Click to view attachment
Donnie Darko
I bet you thought that movie National Treasure was a documentary.
absinthist
It was not? shock.gif

Btw, is the second part already in theaters? It was to be called "Book of Secrets", right? About Abe and JWB?
Neptunati
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 2 2007, 10:14 PM) *

cdog-plain.gif No! Nick Cage sux
speedle
Believed every word. wink.gif

Regardless, it was a cool movie that refreshed the public perception of the fraternity. Yes, second installment problement soon….

Sorry absent tits.

Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Neptunati @ Nov 3 2007, 07:45 PM) *

No!

What did you intend to convey by posting that pic of the star of David imposed on the US currency?
absinthist
QUOTE(speedle @ Nov 3 2007, 07:38 PM) *

Sorry absent tits.

Not at all, I won't cut my ear because of that.
speedle
Yes, but as it turns out, on second reading, you look better with your collar up than I, perhaps.
traineraz
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 4 2007, 05:13 AM) *

What did you intend to convey by posting that pic of the star of David imposed on the US currency?

I've now discovered the truth.

It's . . .

It's . . .

SYMMETRICAL!!!
absinthist
QUOTE(speedle @ Nov 4 2007, 05:15 PM) *

Yes, but as it turns out, on second reading, you look better with your collar up than I, perhaps.

You have tried it on? Brave man, I salute you.
traineraz
It occurs to me that, while it is possible to relate a proper Star of David (two equilateral triangles) to the face of a terrified Macaulay Culkin, the sketch by Needs-a-Nappy over the pyramid leaves a lot to be desired.

It's more a Star of David's Differently-Abled Neighbor.

For some reason, it seems appropriate to the poster.
Neptunati
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 4 2007, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Neptunati @ Nov 3 2007, 07:45 PM) *

No!

Look at what it spells out.
G&C
Neptunaughty is a dumass™?
sixela
That doesn't need to be spelled out. Merely pointed out.
Absomphe
Not even that.
traineraz
We hold this truth to be self-evident.
Absomphe
'Zactly, T.J.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Neptunati @ Nov 7 2007, 12:12 AM) *

Look at what it spells out.

NOUSA?
SANOU?
ANOUS?
OUSAN?
USANO?

Wow, this is a fun game. Maybe if I inserted a tetrahedron over it I could come up with all sorts of words that provide evidence of a conspiracy. Surely the golden ratio is in there somewhere…
The Standard Deviant
I spent a minute wondering what he was on about. Replace the U with an M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.