Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mansinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
potsebubbleson
I have read all the reviews and most of them seem to be pretty good. I'm just skeptical of trying it cause it's made by Marilyn Manson, which I don't seem to respect very much. Basically do you guys think its worth a try or what?
traineraz
I thought you said you'd read the reviews. I imagine the reviews would indicate the opinions of those of us who've tried it, no?

(And you might want to slow down a bit. I believe you meant "Mansinthe".)
potsebubbleson
Yes, sorry I did mean Mansinthe. I was looking more for the opinion of Marilyn Manson making Absinthe, rather than an actual review, or overall opinion. I should have wrote that past a little more clearly….
traineraz
Marilyn Manson doesn't make it. His name is on it.

And we're more interested in what's inside the bottle, not the public persona of the spokesmodel.
hartsmar
Overall I'd say it's a pretty good absinthe. To my own taste just a little thin but definitely something worth trying. It's on the "lighter" scale like the Balance for instance...

I have a review of it ready and will post that too as soon as possible. Now - I'm off to have a good drink.
Marc
QUOTE(traineraz @ Nov 5 2007, 07:57 PM) *

Marilyn Manson doesn't make it. His name is on it.

'xactly. And his name doesn't necessarily means EvilsintheFuckinXit!ImFlyinHigh.
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Nov 5 2007, 08:26 PM) *

Overall I'd say it's a pretty good absinthe. To my own taste just a little thin but definitely something worth trying.

I agree, good but thin (lack of green anise).
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(traineraz @ Nov 5 2007, 10:57 AM) *

And we're more interested in what's inside the bottle, not the public persona of the spokesmodel.

Except when we're buying from Butty.
potsebubbleson
Who produces Mansinthe than? So Marilyn Manson just advertises it?
Shabba53
Maybe you should have done some simple digging

From Lion:

Manufacturer: Matter

"In July 2007, together with Markus Lion from ABSINTHE.DE and multiple award-winning Swiss speciality distillery Matter-Luginbühl AG, he launched his own absinthe, which is called “Mansinthe”.

Manson intensely involved in the development
“Two years after the initial idea to do develop an absinthe together with Marilyn Manson, it was finished”, Markus Lion looks back. “Manson was intensely involved in the development, constantly tasting the samples, giving his opinion and providing suggestions for changes. When he was completely satisfied with a prototype, the final implementation was swift.”
potsebubbleson
You are right I should have. But thank you for your explanation.
Provenance
I haven't had the Mansinthe, but I have a fair number of products from the Matter distillery. None have risen above the level of mediocre at best. I can't say whether the Mansinthe is any good or not, but my experiences with the distillery have been disappointing.
speedle
I've had the same experience. Which, in turn, leads me to hesitate slightly when buying something like the Marteau (uh oh, there I've said now). Although I probably will anyhow, but certainly not the Mansinthe. Laughable name.

traineraz
But it should have a spectacular louche.
EdouardPerneau
Do you imagine how it will be the vintage absinthe market in 200 years

A collector will say this bottle is very rare . It was made only for a girl called Marilyn Manson that sing like a man ohmy.gif And a big drinker too the distillerie was making 2000 liters per year only for her .
biggrin.gif
Vamediah
its really not a pleasant absinthe, smelled like metal to me at first then grass and mud. ubt afther the third glass its actually ok, but you know… by then your to drunk to care anyway. so thats all its good for, getting drunk.
louched liver
And what the fuck
was your post good
for?
Head_prosthesis
Good for a Livah'snap response?
Jaded Prole
Who the fuck is Vamp idea
green beh
hell, i'd try it just because MM's name is on it…

doesn't mean i'd like it or buy it again…

come to think of it, i suppose i'd buy an absinthe that even had Ernest Borgnine's name on it too…

abs-cheers.gif

Head_prosthesis
Cabbiesinthe?
jonathan_carfax
Borgsinthe…I like it.
absinthist
Ernesto Chechsinth, yay!
louched liver
FatGapToothedFucksinthe.
sixela
QUOTE(louched liver @ Feb 27 2008, 11:46 PM) *

And what the fuck
was your post good
for?

Proof that he's to drunk to spell?

absinthist
QUOTE(sixela @ Feb 28 2008, 03:02 AM) *

Proof that he's to drunk to spell?

Grate. Another sign of apocalypse.
Kirk
Hah! Oh Snap.
Sixer's slipping.
Steyr850
And can't
get up.
Absomphe
He'll probably say he did it on purpose, and onacuz he's Sixer, I might almost believe him.
Marc
He did it on purpose, he was referring to that part :
QUOTE(Vamediah @ Feb 27 2008, 11:45 PM) *

by then your to drunk to care anyway.

absinthist
But maybe he was just too drunk, he misspelled "you're" as well.
Absomphe
Sixer making two grammatical faux pas in the same sentence?

You'd have a better chance of a Lotto jackpot.
louched liver
Or an entertaining
Newbian.
absinthist
Or both.
Vamediah
i cant believe you dedicated almost a page and a half to drunken ramblings. all i really said was that its not a good absinthe, its ok for drinking, witch is why i said that by the third glass it doesn't matter.
G&C
Which witch?
Wilson
QUOTE(Vamediah @ Feb 29 2008, 04:31 PM) *

i cant believe you dedicated almost a page and a half to drunken ramblings.

It's what they do and they are good at it. abs-cheers.gif
Helfrich
QUOTE(louched liver @ Feb 28 2008, 09:45 PM) *

entertaining

Normals need entertainment, as do pussies and bored lil' gals.
Absomphe
The rest of us miss disinfotainment™.
louched liver
Vomit-eah,
You're not a good
poster,
but,
yer no good for
reading.
louched liver
Hellbitch,
We ALL need
entertainment,
it's just the
quality that varies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.