Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Assassin's Creed
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Entertainment
Artemis
Early last year Darko and I used to talk back and forth quite a bit about Oblivion, which we were both playing at the time, and he mentioned this new game. His description of the way the main character will move through crowds excited me (nothing like what he described happens in the games I've played). I sort of forgot about it after that. Tonight I saw a TV commercial for the game, and here was this guy moving through a crowd, then drawing a sword to attack someone - I got excited all over again. It comes out in a few days, but not for PC just yet, damn it. I just read up on the game at Wikipedia - sounds fucking fantastic.
Shabba53
I can't wait to fire it up.
potsebubbleson
I have been looking for a decent pc game to play, but havent found one yet. I got so much time on my hands these days…
G&C
I had that problem when I got outta the Corps.

Didn't last long.

Had to pay bills.
Donnie Darko
I can't wait to get it. The shots I've seen of gameplay look outstanding, makes Oblivion almost look cartoonish (and that was already gorgeous). I saw one gameplay video of the horse too and it looks like a big improvement from the horse mechanics in Oblivion. It's sandbox style too so you can pretty much go anywhere and do things as you wish as opposed to being on a set path. The main thing that distinguishes it from an RPG is you're just one character, and of course there is no magic. You also don't just start out with a map of an area, you have to climb up high, like on a minaret or rooftop and get an eagle's eye view of things before they'll show up on your map, which seems like a nice touch that would add realism to the game. And then of course there's the cool factor of being able to assassinate someone and then climb a wall and jump from rooftop to rooftop to make your getaway.

I can't imagine Assassin's Creed sucking at all.

Right now I'm pre-occupied with this goofy game on the PS3 called Ratchet & Clank. It's like playing a Pixar movie. It's of course kid friendly but a tremendous amount of fun, and the variety of weapons and levels in this game is astounding. One minute you're on Planet Mukow (pronounced moo cow), which is a gladiator/amusement park planet where you're fighting this giant wind sucking frog with cannons for arms in an arena surrounded by lava, then the next minute you're in the middle of an asteroid belt walking on the outside of a spacestation with magnetic boots on, and it feels like you're trying to navigate an MC Escher drawing. I haven't played a game this fun in a long time.
Artemis
The physics aspects were impressive enough (having to move around people in crowds, and being able to do it different ways, touching them to make them move aside, or knocking them down (and suffering the consequences); climbing walls if anything protruding from the wall offers a grip for hands or feet).

Then I saw the gorgeous graphics, and read the background - his name is Aquila, his shadow looks like that of an eagle, a scene has been shown wherein he apparently wakes up in a modern research facility (put me in mind of The Village, when that blind girl climbs a wall from and goes from 1850 to 2000), etc. Apparently he doesn't travel in time, but there's some underlying thing about his genes, and people trying to trace the gene through the centuries - and the cities are historically accurate representations of cities in the Holy Land during the crusades, etc.

But Mukow sounds good to me too.

potsebubbleson
QUOTE(G&C @ Nov 7 2007, 12:29 AM) *

I had that problem when I got outta the Corps.

Didn't last long.

Had to pay bills.

You were also in the Marine Corps?
If so what unit may I ask?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.