Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting glasses found at a local antique shop
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
subrosa
I found these glasses at a local antique shop, I am sure they are for either pastis or some other beverage I have never had, I figured I would post them here as they do have a dose line/reservoir and work great for absinthe, no matter what they are supposed to be used for. I believe they are acid-etched crystal, but I could be wrong. Any ideas?

-Paul

subrosa
Darn, was hoping for a response. No matter if they are for wine or water, they work very very well for Absinthe. I have found things that look similar to the etching pattern, but nothing exact. I will have to post some pictures later of some of the other Absinthe items I have found in my small town (can't afford them however).

Marc
It is a very nice looking glass, but I would say "wine/water" rather than "absinthe/pastis".
What's its height and diameter?
subrosa
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Dec 12 2007, 11:45 PM) *

It is a very nice looking glass, but I would say "wine/water" rather than "absinthe/pastis".
What's its height and diameter?

Hope this helps…

The glass is 5.5 inches high, and at the very top it is 3.5 inches wide.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.