Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did I fall over?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fredfry
On the way home today after work I decided to check out a local liquor store, so I walked into the store and asked if they had absinthe, for which I expected to be shown Lucid and Kubler. What I didn't expect was to be shown a bottle of something called Le Tourment Vert. The label says Avec Saveurs D'Herbes Et Wormwood, Brie-Sous-Archiac France and on the back it says Absinthe 50 percent alcohol. Has anyone seen and or tried this brand before? And what is it doing for sale in the town next to me? Click to view attachment blink.gif
Shabba53
Neat bottle. Never heard of it though.
Fredfry
Oh yea, I live on Long Island
Wild Bill Turkey
This is hard to track down.(Google thinks I'm trying to type "tournament")
I finally found this, from a distillery in france, but their website hasn't been updated in four years, and clicking on the bottle in question on that website leads nowhere. You may have a cool collectible bottle (prolly filled w/crap) of something that isn't made anymore. And I have no idea how it got to Long Island.
Jaded Prole
At least it's aged crap. Nice bottle though.
thegreenimp
New.

Word Mark LE TOURMENT VERT
Translations The foreign wording in the mark translates into English as the green curse.
Goods and Services IC 033. US 047 049. G & S: Distilled Spirits. FIRST USE: 20071113. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20071113
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78882388
Filing Date May 12, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition April 3, 2007
International Registration Number 0907374
Owner (APPLICANT) McKenzie River Corporation CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 1160 Battery Street, Suite 30 San Francisco CALIFORNIA 94111
Attorney of Record Stacy E. Don, Esq.
Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "Vert" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

You just need to know where to look. harhar.gif
Fredfry
I still have this question spinning around in my head, aren't the only brands of absinthe legally for sale in the USA Lucid, Kubler and soon St. George? What is the legal status of this Le Tourment? How can it be sold here? Should I buy all the bottles he has and hoard them for the next 100 years? It looked like he had about 3 of them. The price was $65 usd each.

The Vinetege web site says Le Tourment Vert

French Absinthe with Wormwood. We are sorry to announce that Le Tourment Vert is not available for sale. Limited Release.

Wild Bill Turkey
Definitely don't buy more than one bottle until you've tried it since, as Imp just said, it's brand new and so:
a) it likely sux
b) you'll only be seeing more of it.
Patlow
It’s an absinthe-fueled dystopia of shock blues
And “back-the-fuck-up-beggar-burnt™-baby-lies…™”
So thinly disguised
All in!!!
White wormwood sheets of cloudburst sin
Fuck the fuck off!!!
Don’t be shy
Don’t ask why
Just say, “HEY!!!”
It’s all an industry in play anyway
And the faggot fake green Peter Rabbit fairy say,
“Let's meet up in Pontarlier?”

heart.gif
absinthist
QUOTE(Fredfry @ Dec 10 2007, 08:25 PM) *

French Absinthe with Wormwood.

I bet soon we will hear about "French Absinthe without Wormwood". So, get one of these "Torments", and if it, supposedly, goes down the sink, you will at least have a Useful Bot to Keep Things In.
The Standard Deviant
A nice arse to store things in?
pierreverte
….GOUT DE LA LUCIDITE…in the glass, quite an investment considering they will probably get sued for using it
hartsmar
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Dec 10 2007, 07:06 PM) *

This is hard to track down.(Google thinks I'm trying to type "tournament")
I finally found this, from a distillery in france, but their website hasn't been updated in four years, and clicking on the bottle in question on that website leads nowhere. You may have a cool collectible bottle (prolly filled w/crap) of something that isn't made anymore. And I have no idea how it got to Long Island.

Clicking on the bottle leads to a page that does not render correctly in Internet Explorer. However - it does work in Firefox... Either way, it contains the following text:
Absinthe française aux extraits d'armoise. Nous sommes au regret de vous annoncer que Le Tourment Vert n'est pas disponible à la vente. Quantités limitées.

It says extraits d'armoise. "Armoise" is Artemisia. In other words it could contain ANYTHING from within the Artemisia family. Does the bottle explicitly say wormwood as in Artemisia absinthium?

Their own english translation reads:
French Absinthe with Wormwood. We are sorry to announce that Le Tourment Vert is not available for sale. Limited Release.

Buy a bottle to see what it is.
pierreverte
god knows, no one in france knows what it is…
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Dec 11 2007, 01:37 AM) *

Definitely don't buy more than one bottle until you've tried it since, as Imp just said, it's brand new and so:
a) it likely sux
b) you'll only be seeing more of it.

It's called Taking one for the team.

Something you'll do a lot of, when it comes to buying absinthe.
The Standard Deviant
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Dec 11 2007, 12:36 PM) *

No one in France knows what absinthe is, either.
hartsmar
God doesn't know what France is.
pierreverte
QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ Dec 11 2007, 03:33 PM) *

that is, until next saturday night!!! was god invited?
Marc

One only, F. Guy, aka God.
hartsmar
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Dec 11 2007, 06:39 AM) *

Oh, I'm sorry - due to foolish private duties I cannot attend, I was invited though.

The plans for that was successfully and brutally destroyed two weeks ago. No thanks to myself.
viking_emoticon.gif
The Standard Deviant
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Dec 11 2007, 01:39 PM) *

I think D-v-d is, yes.
The Standard Deviant
Sorry, the correct response would be:

"Comrade, there is no god."
Absomphe
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Dec 11 2007, 05:36 AM) *

Anyone try asking jmfranc?
traineraz
QUOTE(absinthist @ Dec 11 2007, 02:13 AM) *

I bet soon we will hear about "French Absinthe without Wormwood". So, get one of these "Torments", and if it, supposedly, goes down the sink, you will at least have a Useful Bot to Keep Things In.

A Paultardian Spambot?
absinthist
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Dec 11 2007, 08:15 AM) *

Anyone try asking jmfranc?

He is busy sellin' L'Artisanale…
absinthist
QUOTE(traineraz @ Dec 11 2007, 08:27 AM) *

A Paultardian Spambot?

http://wonkette.com/politics/ron-paul/all-…-duh-315668.php

If I have no idea WTF is that RuPaul and your President Race about at the very moment.
Absomphe
QUOTE(absinthist @ Dec 11 2007, 08:52 AM) *

He is busy sellin' L'Artisanale…

Grate. Ask him to throw in a sample of that Tourment with your purchase, and let us know if it's any good. harhar.gif
absinthist
Are ya kiddin'? He would be the last person to ask if I needed L'Artisanale, the first person to ask, on the other hand, would be someone else close to my heart and, erm… religion evill.gif
hartsmar
Satan?
absinthist
PTFA! And convert yourself!
hartsmar
Ummm. No.
pierreverte
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Dec 12 2007, 08:54 AM) *

Satan?

ha!
Absomphe
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Dec 11 2007, 11:54 PM) *

Satan?

A slight to Anton's memory, butt funny, nonetheless. evill.gif
Steve
Church Lady: Hello, I'm the Church Lady, and this is "Church Chat". Well, you know, the holiday season has arrived. And, with it, a little letter from Poland. Let's read that together now, shall we?

IPB Image
absinthist
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Dec 12 2007, 03:55 AM) *

Ummm. No.

So, why are you asking? harhar.gif
hartsmar
I wasn't and I'm paying very close fucking attention. Even to the little minor details.

So, did anyone pick up a bottle of this yet?
absinthist
Not a very close one. At least two people I know have already had it and presented their opinions elsewhere.
hartsmar
So, all of your friends already bought it!?

LARS!.gif
Marc
We have Tits vs Bugz at the Lounge.
Now we have Tits vs Hartz here at FV.
Who's next?
absinthist
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Dec 13 2007, 05:36 AM) *

So, all of your friends already bought it!?

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showto…t&p=1505693

The other talk I have had is proprietary and confidential, just to continue teasing.

Butt, Socky, it is not versus, Hartsy is not a puppet. I do hope so harhar.gif
thegreenimp
Since it's already on the shelf, when is Fredfry going to step up to the plate and Take One For The Team?
speedle
Yes, it's been like, what, 4 days? We must know the answers! harhar.gif
absinthist
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Dec 13 2007, 05:42 AM) *

Who's next?

You have forgotten Peter vs Bater at LL as well, fun guaranteed. Or not™.
G&C
That's too one sided to be entertaining.
pierreverte
Gros&Con?
Absomphe
Jmfranc vs. Everybody, represented by defense counselors Dewy Cheatem & Howe?
G&C
QUOTE(pierreverte @ Dec 13 2007, 06:10 PM) *
Gros&Con?

You sure seem to be.
speedle
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Dec 13 2007, 09:18 PM) *
Jmfranc vs. Everybody, represented by defense counselors Dewy Cheatem & Howe?

Produced by John Slip and Ralph Shod too.
Fredfry
Yes I have been derelict in my duty to Satan and country, no I have not bought the bottle yet. I am, in reality, dirt poor and with the holidays I am trying to scheme up a way to come up with the money to buy it. (I am accepting donations, anyone got xmas spirit?). So anyway as soon as I can figure out a way to afford it, I am going to buy it. To be continued…
Patlow
Trust no frogs…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.