Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How's it going everybody?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
Pages: 1, 2
89five.o
Hello everyone, my name is Jason and I'm just now starting to get into this whole absinthe thing. I've been over at the WS site for a little while now and I just thought that I'd introduce myself here as well. I'm slowly making my way up from the crummy brands such as these two and moving to the actual absinthes. I should have a bottle of Kubler at my door anytime now and then it's just a matter of time before it's the Jades and the prebans. I look forward to learning more about this wonderful drink.
IPB Image
Bruno Rygseck
Hi and welcome!

That bottle looks interesting. We were wondering in the Sebor absinth discussion thread whether its recipe has changed since the old days. Your bottle looks almost like it was made of uranium glass.

=BR=
Pataphysician
Welcome aboard, Mr. Timberlake.
89five.o
QUOTE(Bruno Rygseck @ Dec 14 2007, 02:42 AM) *

Hi and welcome!

That bottle looks interesting. We were wondering in the Sebor absinth discussion thread whether its recipe has changed since the old days. Your bottle looks almost like it was made of uranium glass.

=BR=

Probably not. That bottle is clear and was filled with water and highlighter. Looks pretty wicked in front of a black light.
89five.o
QUOTE(Pataphysician @ Dec 14 2007, 10:03 AM) *

Welcome aboard, Mr. Timberlake.

IPB Image

Eh, I don't see it but I'll take it as a compliment. Now to find some college cuties and try passing myself off as Timberlake.
Pataphysician
Yeah nice try Jason, or should we call you Justin? You're not the first celeb to try and sneak in here. It's a well-known secret that Johnny Depp pops in here under the name Head Prosthesis.

Marc
And Marilyn Manson is Dr O.
G&C
Why dis the Dr. like that?
Jaded Prole
I thought he was Ricardo Montalban.
traineraz
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Dec 14 2007, 11:18 PM) *

And Marilyn Manson is Dr O.

Aww, what did MM do to you? blink.gif
Alyssa Dyane
Hello, there. Nice to see some cute college boys not setting absinthe on fire.

You're NOT setting absinthe on fire - are you?
OCvertDe
Nice car.
Steyr850
Damn.
OCvertDe
Heh heh… I wondered what the response to bumping this one would be.
Marc
Late?
OCvertDe
Well, yeah. Butt I wasn't around for posting then, just lurking.
Absomphe
And then we woke up.
OCvertDe
Is that what you call it?
dakini_painter
OC, you must be the reincarnation of MasterPC. Now while he was a really nice person in RL he was very exuberant in posting. Like nearly every thread. You'd get up in the morning (or as the sun was setting, depending), log on, and every thread: Last Post by: MasterPC. And nearly every one was "Thanks!", or "That was great!". You'd pray for just one morning that it wasn't like that. It was just he was so appreciative of being part of the absinthe community. That was the way he participated. Unfortunately, it bugged a lot of people. It bugged them because you never got to know the person. I always liked it when he shared some of his knowledge of his home town, New Orleans. But then it was back to the usual.

I'm sure you're a really great person to be around in RL, OC. I hope we get to meet some day.

However, it's bumping a dead thread like this that gets old time folks like G&C and others all pissed off at you. I guess it shows lack of forum maturity. Or maybe you're just bored I don't know. Sometimes simply spending time reading threads and learning is better than adding a post that doesn't really add anything to the discussion.

Sometimes it's kind of fun to see where a thread goes when there's a lot of back and forth banter, but when it's every thread it becomes boringly tedious.

Sorry for bringing this up, but I've been under a lot of stress lately.

OCvertDe
Actually, I've never taken shit for bumping an old thread… until this just now.

Walls of text on the other hand, quite a bit. Not that I'm saying your post was a wall of text, I find it just about right.

However, some of the "old time folks" you speak of consider three or more complete sentences without double spacing a wall of text. So as one noob giving unsolicited advice to another, a quick, witty, one liner insult will serve you much better in this situation.
G&C
Isn't there some fast, heavy traffic for you to go play in?
Doctor Love

G&C why do you have to be so touchy-feely all the time. When I read your posts I feel like I've walked into a performance of the Vagina Monologues.

OCvertDe
QUOTE(G&C @ May 1 2008, 07:54 PM) *
Isn't there some fast, heavy traffic for you to go play in?

Yes; but after years of doing just that, I decided to quit while I was ahead.
G&C
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ May 1 2008, 04:56 PM) *

G&C why do you have to be so touchy-feely all the time. When I read your posts I feel like I've walked into a performance of the Vagina Monologues.

Piss off.
OCvertDe
…and the beat goes on…
Doctor Love
QUOTE(G&C @ May 1 2008, 05:02 PM) *

Piss off.

better sp_ike.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ May 1 2008, 05:03 PM) *

…and the beat down goes on…

Betterer.
dakini_painter
I've been called a noob. w00t2.gif

And I am compared to most people here. So no hard feelings OC. Have a nice day.

Sorry you didn't seem to appreciate the honesty.
OCvertDe
No no, I do. I give as I receive. No hard feelings meant, none taken.
rjordan
Noob wars!

gun thug.gif
Nephrite
QUOTE(Doctor Love @ May 1 2008, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(G&C @ May 1 2008, 05:02 PM) *

Piss off.

better sp_ike.gif

So, how's the weather in Orange County?
dakini_painter
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ May 1 2008, 09:45 PM) *

No no, I do. I give as I receive. No hard feelings meant, none taken.

spam_laser.gif
OCvertDe
QUOTE(rjordan @ May 1 2008, 10:16 PM) *

Noob wars!

gun thug.gif

IPB Image
Absomphe
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ May 1 2008, 06:45 PM) *

I give as I receive.

Delusions of grandeur.

Unless you might be referring to STDs, of course.

absinthist
QUOTE(rjordan @ May 1 2008, 06:16 PM) *

Noob wars!

Newbians come, newbians go, rarely stay, always row.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Absomphe @ May 2 2008, 09:30 AM) *

QUOTE(OCvertDe @ May 1 2008, 06:45 PM) *

I give as I receive.

Delusions of grandeur.

Unless you might be referring to STDs, of course.

Nope.

You assume that what's being given and received is grand. If this topic is any indication, that clearly isn't the case.

So then: no delusions, OR grandeur.

If, however, you have a grand delusion to give, I just might entertain it.
dakini_painter
If Absomphe says you have delusions of grandeur, I for one believe him.
OCvertDe
Before you get too carried away in that direction, remember there's a Mrs floating around here as well who may not find you kissing his ass to be as cute as the rest of us.
Absomphe
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ May 2 2008, 12:10 PM) *

If, however, you have a grand delusion to give, I just might entertain it.

You, as the Bon Mot King.
OCvertDe
Well, if I was aiming for witty, perhaps. Sure. I'll take it anyway.
dakini_painter
Having respect for someone isn't kissing their ass.

Besides, do you know how old Absomphe is? I hold the door open for every geezer with a walker.
Wilson
I thought he had a power chair.
MrsAbsomphe
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ May 2 2008, 03:07 PM) *
…remember there's a Mrs floating around here as well who may not find you kissing his ass to be as cute as the rest of us.

The Mrs. in question is does not think that Elliot's ass is being kissed. However, just to pretend that I'm wounded, I'll flirt with G&C.

You, on the other hand, are an Click to view attachment.

---Tish looking-up.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE(Wilson @ May 3 2008, 05:17 AM) *

I'd trade it in a heartbeat for a Kirk absinthe cane, though.
Absomphe
QUOTE(dakini_painter @ May 3 2008, 04:45 AM) *

I hold the door open for every geezer with a walker.

The heck with that.

I'm looking forward to the senior citizen discount at the Delaware Phoenix Distillery tasting room. evill.gif
absinthist
Hopefully He has sold it. It is such a precious artistry I, myself, cannot think of a reasonable price. It is just priceless and still can contain alcohol; imagine 200ml of 96% in. what a feast for old bones…
G&C
I'll flirt with G&C.
wub.gif
absinthist
Ya are in need fer a Cuff, erm. I mean room?
Wilson
QUOTE(Absomphe @ May 3 2008, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Wilson @ May 3 2008, 05:17 AM) *

I'd trade in a heartbeat for a Kirk absinthe cane, though.

So would I. I have to get by with one of those adjustable metal canes from Wally*World. Getting one of Kirk's canes would cause me to have to change from using my name to using a nickname on this board. I think Step&AHalf would work.
dakini_painter
QUOTE(Absomphe @ May 3 2008, 11:46 AM) *

I'm looking forward to the senior citizen discount at the Delaware Phoenix Distillery tasting room. evill.gif

OK, but I'll have to check yer ID sir.

NY laws won't let me have a tasting room. Not enough anise and fennel being grown here. (What's wrong with this state?) But I'm allowed to have tastings at liquor stores, and there's two within a block.
abs-cheers.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.