Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Fountain
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Entertainment
Donnie Darko
Look at me, starting another thread about another movie I like. Zzzzzzzz.

But seriously, I've seen this movie 4 times now, and it sucks me right in every single time and crushes me. Anybody else seen it? All the reviewers acted like it was some weirdo sci-fi movie about reincarnation. Not true. It's about incarnation and death, and then it's sort of about reincarnation. I'm just baffled as to how anybody could not find this movie amazing. Maybe I'm just a sucka…

That Darren Aronofsky guy though, he's got his own thing going on and he does it well. And with a wife like that (Rachel Weisz), I'd cast her in everything.
Absomphe
Especially the couch, no doubt.
Marc
I hated it, I've forced myself to watch it till the end.
Donnie Darko
I do know people who hated it, seemed to be a love it or hate it flick (so were his other ones, Requiem for a Dream and Pi.)

I'll also admit that I am one of two people on earth that liked that movie A.I.

Absomphe
I'm the other one.

I'm also a fan of Requiem for a Dream.
traineraz
Never heard of this one. Is absinthe involved?
ubu
I read a while back that Brad Pitt was originally the lead, and he left after changes were made to the plot that Aronofsky felt were necessary in order to complete the film. In an interview last year, Aronofsky said he plans to release the original story as a graphic novel.

I love the film.
Provenance
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Dec 16 2007, 04:44 PM) *

The book was better.
G&C
Books have too many words.
Donnie Darko
E. O. S.™
Absomphe
QUOTE(Provenance @ Dec 21 2007, 01:31 PM) *

The book was better.

You mean, as opposed to almost every other book vs. the film version of same?

Thanks for the eye-opener.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(ubu @ Dec 21 2007, 03:37 PM) *

I read a while back that Brad Pitt was originally the lead, and he left after changes were made to the plot

Brad Pitt is known for having issues with "commitment".
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Dec 21 2007, 07:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Provenance @ Dec 21 2007, 01:31 PM) *

The book was better.

You mean, as opposed to almost every other book vs. the film version of same?

Thanks for the eye-opener.

I think both No Country for Old Men and the Lord of the Rings trilogy are as good as the books. No Country is a near-perfect adaptation (they omit one chapter with Josh Brolin picking up this hitch hiker girl and instead put her by the pool at the hotel), and LOTR is as good as the books because it's shorter and no human could endure all the rambling details and back story of the books on screen.

The Shipping News is also a great adaption. It's every bit as unbearably shitty as the book.
Absomphe
I agree, Donnie.

I did say "almost". abs-cheers.gif
Fredfry
Seen the fountain, good movie thought I was trippin ballz! wink.gif After seeing it I felt DEEPER, I have requiem but I haven't watched it yet but I've heard mostly good things about it. Most people say if you've seen fountain and liked it you have to see Requiem.
Alyssa Dyane
I finally saw The Fountain this weekend. Loved it. It also bored the kids to tears, and made them go hang out in their rooms. (17 year olds) I loved that, too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.