Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MMMM...truffles.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > General Absinthe Discussion
Deluge
Has anyone tried those Lafee truffles that are being offered through Eabsinthe.com? Are they any good? I am still debating whether or not to try La Fee Absinthe. I have a few bottles of Pernod 68 and I heard they are nearlly identical.
Zouave
I received, as a gift, a package of the less expensive La Fee truffles about a month ago. Bottom line? Nice chocolates, but really nothing special. The taste of absinthe is hardly noticeable: as I said in the Lounge.. more chocolate-y than absinthe-y. Buy your favorite Godivas instead.

As for La Fee absinthe itself, I've always enjoyed it more than Pernod 68 (and still buy it, as opposed to Pernod) I think it's the best oil mix out there. I don't believe they taste alike, but YMMV.
hartsmar
Speaking of absinthe-y candy and chocolates, I just had to go off and get a box of those weird Absinthe Pastilles often available on ebay. I must say. They look like dog food, smell liqourice and taste bitter... Who the f--- would regularly eat that as candy? Not my daughter... She spit it out and ran for water!

But then again, I've noticed there's some freak selling absinthe soap aswell... Sheesh! headbonk.gif
Absomphe
Hartsmar: Well...And I WAS looking forward to a nice breakfast...now I've lost my appetite..Oh well, I need to lose a bunch of weight so thanks!! w00t2.gif
I_B_Puffin
Just make your own. Truffles are easy to make and decadently good. I have never made any absinthe truffles since I don't think anise and chocolate are flavors that go well together.
Conju
Good news absomphe: The alcohol content in that soap on ebay might just be enough to burn the fat off! torch.gif
Absomphe
Conju: thanks...I'll stick to Fiber One cereal, if it's all the same to you. stanise.gif
Conju
Yeah, who would want the acid burns anyways, however if that soap does smell of anise, it would be good to use if you were going to a job interview in which the proprietor basis his employment opportunities on his dog's initial reaction to the potential employee!

Think about it.
Felis Catus
I done thunk about it.

Hee!

Kitty

Artemis
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Jan 7 2004, 09:42 AM) *
Speaking of absinthe-y candy and chocolates, I just had to go off and get a box of those weird Absinthe Pastilles often available on ebay. I must say. They look like dog food, smell liqourice and taste bitter... Who the f--- would regularly eat that as candy? Not my daughter... She spit it out and ran for water!

But then again, I've noticed there's some freak selling absinthe soap aswell... Sheesh!

Seven-year bump.

I received a box of absinthe truffles as a gift earlier this year. I ate some and put the rest in the refrigerator, meaning to take a picture of them and make a post here. My daughter keeps encountering them and threatening to throw them away - it happened again today, so I thought I'd thought I'd take a shortcut and look for the website to reference it here, rather than bother with a camera.

http://eclipsechocolat.blogspot.com/2008/0...he-truffle.html

OUCH!

The pretentious French spelling I could overlook, but the English spelling errors and errors of fact are painful. The chocolates aren't bad, but I can't recommend them after suffering all that. After seeing the glass of Windex in the picture, I think I'll just let my daughter throw them away as well. I thought about emailing them, but it seems to be one of these outfits that provides you with an irritating little web template for comments instead of an email address (they demand YOURS but they don't want you to know THEIRS).
hartsmar
The Matters in Kallnach, you know - makers of Duplais absinthes etc - commission some seriously good Absinthe Dragées. A must have if you ever stumble upon them.
Kirk
You should try my absinthe simbala.
Tibro
Indeed.

Food fit for a Fest.
Artemis
Ciambella?

By whatever name, it's good.

Best food at LFX.
Provenance
^What they said.
Jaded Prole
It is a real treat.
Tibro
As were Kirk's balls. Smothered in sauce.
Provenance
No one would ever doubt Kirk's balz.
G&C
Or sausage…
Jaded Prole
mmmm, sausage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.