Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CBS News Sunday Morning
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Steve
Cool! My flickr photos have been on TV! I just turned on the TV and there was a story about absinthe, and they used some photos I took of Ted on two different trips to France! I would have caught it anyway because the TiVo is set to autorecord any programs with "absinthe" in the guide.

Here are some of my photos they used:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
The Standard Deviant
I hope they got permission!
Steve
Yes, I had changed those photos to Creative Commons attribution and told Ted he could use any of them.
Steve
Oh my god, I can't believe I misspelled "sighting".
speedle
Put it on YouTube so the rest of us can watch maybe?
Steve
Yeah I've been working on it for quite awhile. I had to try a bunch of different crappy programs before I got the "right" combination to get it off the frickin' TiVo and trim it down. The audio is not totally synced but I'm tired of messing with it. I'm trying to upload now. I'll post the link if it ever works.
Steve
OK, here's the YouTube link.

Sorry about the audio not syncing. I'll replace it with a better version later if I have time and can figure it out.
speedle
Ah heck, what's a little un-synched audio between friends! Thanks for getting it up there, it's cool clip.
Donnie Darko
Why is it that TV journalism 9 times out of 10 tries to amplify controversy and underrepresent accurate information?
Absomphe
Could it be Satan ratings? shock.gif
speedle
Well, let's ask ourselves this, why did they send a pregnant woman (not that there's anything wrong with that) to interview and (not) sample a distilled spirit? The report wasn't doing all that bad, until that moment. Right lady, like one sip's gonna give your baby FAS. blink.gif
rockstar68
my best friend called me to make sure i was watching this morning. i have good friends!
hartsmar
Thanks a lot for that clip!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.