Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Korres Absinthe: my experience with the first Greek Absinthe !
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Rastapopoulos
Coming from Greece, the country of Ouzo, I have long anticipated a local absinthe! Well the long wait is over and I just tried out the first and only Greek Absinthe I know of, Korres Absinthe: I was enchanted with it - it is so much more than an Absinthe :)

Well, here goes my very first review @ La fee Verte!

COLOR BEFORE WATER 10/10
It's a Blanche!

LOUCHE ACTION 10/10
This absinthe is unique in that it bottled in a pre-louched form. I personally recommend a 1:1 ratio with water for a fuller effect.

COLOR AFTER WATER 9/10
The louche remains well formed and includes swirls rich in essential oils and flavonoids.

AROMA 20/30
Korres Absinthe apparently contains no anise, and the absinthium artemisia experience is quite pleasant in an understated way. When diluted, more complexity is evident and jojoba and coconut come to mind.

MOUTH-FEEL 5/10
The feel on the palate is creamy and thick, although I wouldn't go so far as ingesting this absinthe!

TASTE 15/20
The taste is quite bitter and very definitely absinthe. Again there is no anise involved. However the wormwood comes though in a gloriously understated way, as does the soothing feel of aloe vera, which develops and lingers.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 9/10
In case you have not guessed it yet, Korres Absinthe is a first class absinthe shaving cream; I would certainly have another shave thank you. As an absinthe purist, I greatly appreciate the fact that all ingredients are herbal and that there are no artificial ingredients!

Enjoy your absinthe shave harhar.gif
jonathan_carfax

MOUTH-FEEL 5/10
The feel on the palate is creamy and thick, although I wouldn't go so far as ingesting this absinthe!

TASTE 15/20
The taste is quite bitter and very definitely absinthe. Again there is no anise involved. However the wormwood comes though in a gloriously understated way, as does the soothing feel of aloe vera, which develops and lingers.

Maybe you could spread it on crackers or cocktails toasts for that perfect side dish

Hmmmm, sodium lauryl sulphate…gurgle…. av-80.gif
Oxygenee
Thank you Rastapopoulos, it's very seldom that we're given the window of opportunity to make shaving jokes here at Fee Verte.
hartsmar
Ha ha...

Thanks Rastapopoulus.
Rastapopoulos
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Jan 8 2008, 03:23 PM) *

Ha ha…

Thanks Rastapopoulus.

Yours has to be one of the most disturbing Avatars of all time w00t2.gif

Cheers abs-cheers.gif
Rastapopoulos
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Jan 8 2008, 02:15 PM) *

Thank you Rastapopoulos, it's very seldom that we're given the window of opportunity to make shaving jokes here at Fee Verte.

Well, at least they are *clean* jokes abs-cheers.gif
Rastapopoulos
QUOTE(jonathan_carfax @ Jan 8 2008, 01:48 PM) *

Hmmmm, sodium lauryl sulphate…gurgle….

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_laureth_sulfate
this is why it louches! Pageing Prague!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.