Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe in "The Art of Mixing Drinks"
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Absinthe Library
Absinthesizer
Aka "Your Guide to Good Drinking." This drink manual is copyright 1935 and 1938 by Ginrum Alpha Company, Hastings, Nebraska, and was published by L & R Book Publishing of Davenport Iowa. No author is credited, though one online library attributes the book to Reilly & Lee. It's a delightful book, with 10 Pousse Café recipes, lists of good/bad wine vintages, and tons of historical information, much of it dubious provenance. It may be that much of the information is taken RL Paget's "The Cocktail Book" of 1913, or some other earlier source, because it mentions the absinthe ban in the U.S. but not the French ban.

Below are the book's references to absinthe. Some interesting-sounding cocktails…
Click to view attachment
Absinthesizer
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Absinthesizer
And, last but not least, unless is really is least, the Absinthe Frappe:
Click to view attachment
speedle
Very nice. I think we should start at the top, and work our way down. abs-cheers.gif
Absinthesizer
I forgot to post this one - an interesting, only-tangentially-related recipe:

Click to view attachment

Protean Czechsinth?
speedle
Perhaps prototypical as well. wink.gif

I really wonder what that would taste like, with a good Plymouth gin and really fresh wormwood?
Tibro
A bitter waste of good gin.
speedle
Most likely correct.
G&C
More of a waste of Wormwood.

Even if it's not good.
Absinthesizer
Perhaps, but let us not forget about Tripping Balz™!

Or at least, Purging Tapeworms™!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.