Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jade - So-called LAB SAMPLE and Thailand
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
EdouardPerneau
this topics is for those that have taste Jade's Bat1.gif LAB STAMPLE crow.gif. Is there many difference between the stample and regular prodution ? Does Ted produce absinthe in a large scale in thailand before he get to combier ? If yes, is there survival bottle of pre-combier ?

Absomphe
Yes.

No.

And obviously, no.

abs-cheers.gif
absinthist
See? Ya have remembered.
Gertz
"Stample"?
EdouardPerneau
But what I mean what was the difference between the lab stample and the regular production . I Heard that lab stample were damn closer of the pre-ban absinthe . abs-cheers.gif
Absomphe
The PF 1901 clone tastes the closest to a reasonable facsimile of the original, out of all the commercial Jades released so far, but the lab samples were even cleaner, and fresher tasting, which shouldn't come as a surprise, since they produced in a vacuum still on a very small scale.
Donnie Darko
Scale is only the tip of the iceberg. The "lab stamples" were made by ideal, but impractical means. They were extremely good though.

Why is this puppet so inquisitive about Jade lab samples?
speedle
You misspelled stample.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Jan 21 2008, 05:30 PM) *

Why is this puppet so inquisitive about Jade lab samples?

He's MM incognito?

Just kidding, I think.
EdouardPerneau
Sorry Kermit , I'm inquisitive about all that I can't find lot information at all , I've read some great review about them but only few taste them. And some of those said that they were like the original I just wanna know if is there more than one person that find it to be exact copy of the real one . Well I did taste side by side PF 1913 and Pf 1901 there's a still a good difference between them . Agree ?
Absomphe
Sure, but for a modern reproduction that is distilled with a different base, isn't aged in oak casks, and doesn't have nearly 100 years of additional aging behind it, it's a pretty damn good effort.
EdouardPerneau
Yes I Know,and I agree (I'm a jade fan too) but I'm sure there is a way to get closer .Get back in time biggrin.gif … maybe more trial and error with lot of experiment . But maybe you should agree that Pf 1901 is not a benchmark absinthe like the real it taste a little too common a bit too flat … I'm not saying that it's a bad absinthe but I said that if it be upgraded it can be greater.
dom_lochet
I think PF1901 deserves ageing a bit. I tasted side by side 1 year old PF1901 and Pernod Fils 1914, and while obviously not the same, they were damn close.
lafitte
Where is this Jade production in Thailand rumor coming from? I've heard this before.
Steve
It's not a rumor, it's something that was planned to happen but didn't work out. Ted's former business partner lives in Thailand and was going to run a distillery there.
Provenance
QUOTE(EdouardPerneau @ Jan 21 2008, 07:07 PM) *

Well I did taste side by side PF 1913 and Pf 1901 there's a still a good difference between them . Agree ?

Agreed.
EdouardPerneau
because I saw a bottle of nouvelle-orléans crafted there with tin neck foil It was on absinthe.se but now it's been retired for that site . I don't know if it was a true bottle . Is any one see a bottle comming from thailand ?

EdouardPerneau
I find the answer by my-self biggrin.gif
While looking at that page I noticed that the prototype for Nouvelle-Orleans was distilled in…. Thailand? Huh? I thought that the Combier distillery did all of Jade's products?

That prototype was distilled several years ago, before France was even considred as a possible country of origin for the Jade lineup.

I add how many bottle been crafted in Thailand?
Provenance
QUOTE(EdouardPerneau @ Jan 22 2008, 08:10 AM) *

Is any one see a bottle comming from thailand ?

Yes, but it was Mekong whiskey.
Absomphe
The last bottle I saw from Thailand had a paper label that read "Singha".
Provenance
The last bottle I saw in Thailand….never mind. That would be inappropriate for this website.
EdouardPerneau
but I remember a bottle of N-O that was crafted there with a tin neck foil like kubler.
Absomphe
Maybe you were abducted by evil aliens from Planet Chateau Jade, and had that memory implanted in your brain.
EdouardPerneau
maybe DarthVader2.gif w00t2.gif
EdouardPerneau
But the aliens came back and give me this picture :IPB Image

it was the N-O prototype … even if you look at it well you will see that the label is not perfect like regular bottle

abs-cheers.gif
Donnie Darko
Prototype was another term used for the "Lab Samples", so that bottle I'm guessing is a "Lab sample", though I've never seen a lab sample in a sealed bottle with label. They were made via entirely different methods and equipment than what is now employed in Combier, I don't know if they were made in Thailand, the US or somewhere else.

If that is authentic and still for sale, it would definitely be worth owning, though the hatchet job foil makes me skeptical.
Patlow
That doesn't look anything like the lab sample I had. blink.gif
Absomphe
I don't remember any seal or label on mine, either.

Crafty, those aliens.
EdouardPerneau
first sorry for my mispelling I realize that is sample and not stample ( I'm speaking french about 90% of the time) those aliens came from absinthe.se and if you look at it it is written Fée du vieux carré instead of l'esprit du vieux carré .
For the prototype is they are called Distiller's proof also ?
Marc
Hartsmar could explain that strange bottle then.
hartsmar
QUOTE(EdouardPerneau @ Jan 22 2008, 08:10 AM) *

because I saw a bottle of nouvelle-orléans crafted there with tin neck foil It was on absinthe.se but now it's been retired for that site . I don't know if it was a true bottle . Is any one see a bottle comming from thailand ?

I removed that from the site because it was confusing a lot of visitors. Besides - the production version of the N-O has been out for several years now, so I didn't find a need to keep the review and information about the prototype active anymore.
hartsmar
Oh, and... If any of you are even remotely alert, you'll notice that this is the same photo as the one in the book "Absinthe; Sip of Seduction".

There is nothing strange about it.
Absomphe
But was it made in Thailand? evill.gif
absinthist
Thai edition of Bettina's book wood be a real vintage!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.