Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anatomist's Sculpture
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Mr. Creepy's Art Hole
anatomist
This is a self-promotional-type post in which you will find my website and a picture of a new work in progress.

http://www.freewebs.com/anatomist1/
Marc
Very nice sculpture.
Marc
Gorgeous!

IPB Image
traineraz
Eh, I have one of those growing in my yard.

Strangely enough, I've not seen any stray cats lately.
hobgoblin
Anatomist.

That really is a blast from the past. Stick around and post a bit.
Donnie Darko
Wow, there's no shortage of talented artists here. Excellent work.
Le Gimp
I've done a little work with a tourch, and all I can say is:

DAMN!

absinthist
Sculpture is far beyond my abilities, hence a big abs-cheers.gif to a fellow artist. Keep creating.

Tourch
Kirk
Stunning work, excellent craftsmanship, I bet you get your hands dirty.
Jaded Prole
Nice stuff, thanks for posting it.
anatomist
Thanks peoples.
Selmac
I think that your "Siamese Twins" are my favorites. Really, really nice work.
moschops
Wonderful work.
dom_lochet
Really nice indeed! Is it possible that I saw some of your sculptures at the Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF) one or two years ago?
Absomphe
QUOTE(Le Gimp @ Jan 23 2008, 11:04 AM) *

I've done a little work with a tourch…

And Luigi Three Fingers sends his compliments on that last job, Gimp. evill.gif

Marvelous work, Anatomist! chickawow.gif
anatomist
Thanks to the new respondents.

QUOTE(dom_lochet @ Jan 24 2008, 04:13 AM) *

Is it possible that I saw some of your sculptures at the Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF) one or two years ago?

No, but I'd love to be big in Belgium, or somewhere outside the US. 'Business travel" of that sort sounds fun.
Gertz
Fantastic work. I love them.
Kirk
I hope you are using positive ventilation with sufficient force to carry away the fine dust generated while you grind and polish your work. Don't cut corners with your air.
Delta makes a saw dust collector that can be modified for your buffer and grinding bench.
Kirk
Your link is broken, I was trying to show my wife your work, can we get another?
Not to pry or anything, but do you do this full time or do you have a job?
anatomist
I couldn't get the site to come up either. I don't pay a lot for the web host. The bandwidth may be exceeded, or it could be a temporary server problem.

As far as ventilation goes, even with precautions, sculpting is bad for you. My process is less toxic than that of most metal sculptors. Foundry is much worse. Most electric welding is bad, especially stick and flux-core, and metals besides steel. I rarely use electric welders. I also grind very little and do almost everything with an oxy-acetylene torch, which is not all that toxic. I don't really polish anything, except to hit it with a wire wheel, which is also pretty benign. My worst recent health problem has been that all the standing has led to lazy posture and collapsing arches.

I don't have a job right now. I do okay with real estate investments. Within a year or two I need to start making money somehow though - hopefully I can do it selling sculptures.
Kirk
I hope so too, I'd like to see more of it, good luck.
"I also grind very little"
I do a little welding work and the occasional artistic metal piece and just want to congratulate you on your technique, it reads well, the surface language is free, not tedious.
bob_chong
Holy shit! The Anatomist?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.