Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: La bleue/blanche vs Absinthe Verte
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
EdouardPerneau
Witch kind you like the most between ( bleue/blanche or verte) ?

And witch brand of absinthe bleue and absinthe verte you like the most ?

for myself I had clandestine , capricieuse ,kübler but to my taste it will never beat a Verte like Jade verte suisse or Jade edouard . The one one blanche that I like a lot it's blanchette from jade … again biggrin.gif . And the new verte from claude-alain is very good too.
Absomphe
I'll take a top verte over a top blanche, or a mid-range verte over a top blanche, but a top or a mid-range blanche over a bottom rung verte, but…

Nothing beats a lab stample from Thailand! harhar.gif
peridot
QUOTE(EdouardPerneau @ Jan 23 2008, 05:16 PM) *

And the new verte from claude-alain is very good too.

If you like swallowing lye.
Steve
Exactly. The "Angelique" or whatever it's called is some nasty bitter shit.
The Standard Deviant
Witch absinthe would be La Veuve Verte, but I have never tasted it. :—)
EdouardPerneau
I admit I had liked bairnsfather bitter some day(before tasting great absinthe) and wormwood macerated taste don't really afraid me .Even I did degustation with friend and they prefer it over the capricieuse . I like it over montmarte maybe you won't like wormwood taste ?

peridot
No, I don't like the taste of wormwood. I love the aroma of good wormwood, and I love absinthes that are "wormwood bombs." Angelique hardly has any of that character at all. Instead it's just bitter, and not like the pleasant bitterness of Belle Amie or Doubs Mystique. It's a nasty, scraping bitterness that's more felt than tasted.
hartsmar
QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ Jan 23 2008, 06:05 PM) *

Witch absinthe would be La Veuve Verte, but I have never tasted it. :—)

Lucky bastid!
absinthist
Angelique, Bairnfather Bitter-new guy likes opening very old wounds…
Absomphe
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Jan 24 2008, 12:04 AM) *

Lucky bastid!

We know you love the pain, viking_emoticon.gif .
EdouardPerneau
yeah sorry I liked to see blood … every word I say is comming to a big debate … I should stop talking tongue.gif
absinthist
No, please continue, as you can clearly see although the wounds are healed, for some here they are still a pain in the arse. Any constructive debate is more than needed.
EdouardPerneau
I will do my best but… the main topic Verte VS Bleue/blanche who prefer verte over blanche and vise-versa ? I think with the ton and a half of jade fans here Fee verte is a Green forum what do you think ?
absinthist
Assstomp has already answered that question.
EdouardPerneau
well your're right wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.