Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Rake
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
Deluge
Swallowing

"Absinthe finally arrives in the Twin Cities—but is it all it’s cracked up to be?"

The Rake

Shabba53
Wow, not a very good article…
Provenance
I am…someone who does not care for the taste of anise.
Why then are they "reviewing" absinthe?

There's also this gem of journalism.
Back in the day, absinthe was served by pouring it over a sugar cube to dilute the strong bitterness of wormwood.
Deluge
Sad. I know…
speedle
And, while we're mentioning complete idiocy in the media, there's this:

MarinIJ

Absomphe
What a maroon.

Now it's time to return to my glass of incredibly high-alcohol pastis…
Nephrite
Maybe they didn't add water… look at the bright side, more for us. Bad press may be a good thing! When good press hit the single malt whisky market in the mid 1990's we took a heavy hit in supply and demand… which brings me here.
Provenance
QUOTE(Deluge @ Jan 31 2008, 02:30 PM) *
Sad. I know…

Not near as sad as if you didn't know.

Deluge
The article didn’t make me sad it’s the misinformation I didn’t care for. I don’t mind if the author wasn’t that fond of absinthe. That’s fine, it isn't for everyone. It frustrates me though when people print assumptions rather than doing any meaningful research or at least take the time to cross check their information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.