Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Absinthe Drinker - Want to start out right.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
qwiksilver
I had a taste of absinthe a few years ago when a boyfriend had it smuggled in illegally to the US via a friend. I liked it but I don't think they did things right so I am not certain whether I had a good experience.

I am now sans jerk and ready to learn to enjoy absinthe properly.

Now that I am able to get two brands of absinthe through BevMo here in the US, I can start enjoying this lovely liquor and its elegant ritual.

abs-cheers.gif
Zenzero
with a reservoir glass, ice-cold water, a drip, a slotted spoon, sugar, no lighter, and a long night ahead…
Wilson
Preferably shared with a friend.
Nephrite
Start with Kubler, move to St. George for a non traditional experience and skip Lucid… unless you're really curious why one is $10.00 less. If you're going to spend money on Lucid or St. George then consider buying a bottle of Taboo from Canada instead or go for the best that France has to offer abs-cheers.gif

Wait! I just mixed 2/3 Lucid with 1/3 St. George… Tasty!!!
Zenzero
let me guess, um, you're cleaning windows?!
Zenzero
QUOTE(Wilson @ Feb 18 2008, 02:33 AM) *

sharing?! absinthe?!
Nephrite

Worse, I'm a server administrator and Internet developer/contractor.
Wilson
QUOTE(Zenzero @ Feb 18 2008, 05:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Wilson @ Feb 18 2008, 02:33 AM) *

sharing?! absinthe?!

Of course. They don't call it liquid panty remover for nothing. abs-cheers.gif
OCvertDe
QUOTE(qwiksilver @ Feb 17 2008, 01:08 PM) *

I am now sans jerk and ready to learn to enjoy absinthe properly.

IPB Image

Hello, welcome and stuff.

To balance things out, I've had both Kubler 53 and Lucid, and I like Lucid better.

Don't base your decision solely on what we tell you in the forum- read the reviews in the guide before you decide.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Zenzero @ Feb 18 2008, 03:02 AM) *

I'd've guess unclogging drains, but either works.
Zenzero
maybe it'll light up a lampe berger?!

at least abisinthe 72 did pretty well
Zenzero
QUOTE(qwiksilver @ Feb 17 2008, 07:08 PM) *
…I am now sans jerk and ready to learn to enjoy absinthe properly.

congrats!

seriously, just try to get your hands on some nice european co, e.g. libertine amer, verte fougerolles, la valotte, montmartre, duplais, pf 1901 or, better yet some pre ban vintage.

personal favourites, among some, absinthe helfrich, pf 1914, libertine amer, eichelberger limitee, la valotte…

cheers, qwik.

Zenzero
don't mind me, being a complete moron, but fairly in my oppinion

i think that ted, did a pretty fine job with the pf 1901 and the distillers proof version.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.