Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hello another canadian here looking foward to learning about absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > The Entrance Hall
darkhorse
Hello fellow absinthe enthusiast .I am a male age 44 from Canada. I discovered absinthe and alcohol in general rather late in life. Due to a relative that was an enthusiastic supporter of the W.C .T U. . Any discussion of alcohol consumption was immediately met with tales of the women’s christen temperance union’s hatchet wielding vandals. ranting.gif What turned me on to absinthe was the movie from hell. I have tried the following absinthe’s Staroplznecky and Taboo . I think staroplznecky is just vodka with green food coloring . I like Taboo the most Unfortunately at this time. They are out of stock. no.gif
I However I look forward to discovering more about this fascinating beverage.

Nephrite
At least be grateful you have Taboo… we're mostly stuck with Lucid and Kubler here. I prefer Kubler over Lucid and our own local brand of absinthe over Kubler… despite it's non traditional palate and herbal formula. Stick with Taboo. I'll be ordering some next. Welcome abs-cheers.gif
Tibro
That is the most benevolent assessment of Staroplzencky I have ever heard. You must have had some really bad vodka experiences.
bobt
Hi fellow Canadian! Welcome to FV!
Absomphe
We probably scared him off long ago, Bob.

But I love your Canadian optimism.

Alan
QUOTE(darkhorse @ Feb 17 2008, 06:04 PM) *
I like Taboo the most Unfortunately at this time. They are out of stock. no.gif

Both Taboo and La Clandestine are in stock at Premier in Nova Scotia. They ship nationwide.
G&C
Alan, that quote was from nearly a year ago.
Alan
I thought some people here considered your Northern neighbours to be a year or so behind you in any case.

I missed the opportunity to comment on darkhorse's statement ..

QUOTE(darkhorse @ Feb 17 2008, 06:04 PM) *

I like Taboo the most Unfortunately at this time.

With no full stop/period there, it seems he doesn't like the fact that he likes Taboo.
G&C
Indeed.
bobt
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Jan 20 2009, 07:47 PM) *

We probably scared him off long ago, Bob.

But I love your Canadian optimism.

The kind gentleman left a post on my intro thread a few days ago, so I assumed he was still visiting.
Absomphe
I'm sure he made an exception for you onacuz you're a fellow Canadian who isn't Smiley. wink.gif
synthetic buddhist
..Kent Dorfman?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.