Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's been a great weekend
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
Wilson
I am sitting here sipping a glass of Doub's Mystique, reflecting on my weekend. An old friend took the time from her busy schedule to bring my mother up from Kentwood, LA for a visit. Mom walked in the door with a freshly baked apple cake just for me. I was pleased to see that cake. It is my favorite and I don't get one that often.

I took them out to Lil Dago's for some ravioli and after lunch we sat around and I actually talked Church Lady, oops, my mom into trying some absinthe. I mixed up a Tremblement de Terre and handed it to her. We did the whole ritual with me explaining the louche, and she gave it a taste. She liked it and drank the whole glass. abs-cheers.gif When I first showed her the bottle, she said, "Isn't that poison?" I explained that it wasn't and she did not seem to have any fears after that.

It was a nice visit and my friend emailed me this morning to tell me how happy my mother was on the trip back home last night.

I hope all my new friends here had great weekends too.
absinthist
Although in Warsaw, I have had one abs-cheers.gif , spent between Turbo-Cola™ and Clara™ made with Bear Beer Black and Faxe Black.
bob_chong
That sounds like a fine one. Back to the grind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.