Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: George's Saints gone wild
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Wilson
Guns drawn. Sirens wailing. Kicking in doors.
Jaded Prole
What about the right to incriminate yourself?!
absinthist
What about any rights at all?
Absomphe
Pleading the fifth is more fun.

Oh wait, that's drinking the fifth, nevermind.
speedle
QUOTE(absinthist @ Feb 12 2008, 10:44 AM) *
What about any rights at all?

You can have all the rights you want. On your own forum.
Jaded Prole
Let's not get carried away. There's a place for those who want enforced politeness.
absinthist
QUOTE(speedle @ Feb 12 2008, 03:00 PM) *

You can have all the rights you want. On your own forum.

I already have them. Or at least, had them still today/tonight.
speedle
Hey, you asked for any rights. Which I took, in the interest of sarcasm, as if to say, any and all rights. Which clearly you did not mean, thus I should have used the overused wink.gif

abs-cheers.gif

absinthist
I knew you would understand my sarcasm abs-cheers.gif
OCvertDe
I feel that this topic evolving into a discussion of the forbidden act of making and choking down your own absinthe says a lot about St. George, and none of it good. Or maybe it's just a coincidence and my own imagination…
Nephrite
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Feb 21 2008, 07:25 PM) *

I feel that this topic evolving into a discussion of the forbidden act of making and choking down your own absinthe says a lot about St. George, and none of it good. Or maybe it's just a coincidence and my own imagination…

I never came close to gagging on SG… I still love it for being clean, spicy, intense and multi layered both in aroma and taste. OK, so it doesn't taste like absinthe. If I can find those same general qualities in classic and "real" modern absinthes, I may start attending AA meetings.

My Roquette 1797 and Doubs Mystique should be arriving early next week if not tomorrow abs-cheers.gif
OCvertDe
You can't know how jealous I am right now.
Nephrite
You can't know how in debt I am. I had to stop drinking again.

Btw, after doing a little math, I discovered ordering 4 50cl bottles of Duplais Balance ($1.07/cl) costs about the same with shipping as Lucid ($0.94/cl) after tax! Rounding down, this translates to $71.00 USD for 75cl bottle of Lucid and $80.00 USD for a 75cl bottle of Duplais Balance. Which would you drink on a regular basis?
absinthist
None?
Nephrite
QUOTE(absinthist @ Feb 21 2008, 09:01 PM) *

None?

Not all of us can afford Helfrich Verte on a regular basis.
OCvertDe
Isn't Balance a Blanche?
Nephrite
It's appears to be a verte.

Liqueurs de France
It has a fine pale green tint and very expressive aromas when ice-cold water is added. Its lower (60% - 120 proof) alcohol strength for a 'verte' makes it ideal for the beginner or those seeking a lighter, refreshing drink.
Marc
QUOTE(ajunkie @ Feb 21 2008, 11:07 PM) *

Not all of us can afford Helfrich Verte on a regular basis.

Hellbitch is cheap.
absinthist
Cheap, tasty and original. And a bit crazy just as its creator.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(ajunkie @ Feb 21 2008, 05:11 PM) *

Liqueurs de France
It has a fine pale green tint and very expressive aromas when ice-cold water is added. Its lower (60% - 120 proof) alcohol strength for a 'verte' makes it ideal for the beginner or those seeking a lighter, refreshing drink.

In that case, I'd have to try it before saying for sure, but in general I'd rather spend a couple dollars more for something much better… as Balance appears to be.
Nephrite
Not from here. Absinthe.de charges 75,00 Euro in shipping for 2 Litres of Helfrich which brings it to $1.50/cl or $112.50 USD for 75cl.
absinthist
Would not it be much easier to get the bottle or two or more, drink it; not bothering the mind with these maths calculations?
Nephrite
Not if you're broke… and like to drink. I need something to stretch the Roquette, Edouard, etc. Of course being sober more of the time might help too.
The Standard Deviant
How about water? Or living within one's means?
Nephrite
Exactly! I haven't had a drink in 3 days. I'm back to just being a workaholic… so I can make more money… so I can buy better absinthe… so I can put up with working longer hours… for better absinthe.
Wilson
A man has to have priorities. Looks like you have yours set.
Provenance
QUOTE(absinthist @ Feb 21 2008, 01:01 PM) *
None?

Fuck! Tits came up with the right answer. That's the real sign of the apocalypss.
louched liver
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Feb 21 2008, 05:20 PM) *

Liqueurs de France

In that case, I'd have to try it before saying for sure, but in general I'd rather spend a couple dollars more for something much better… as Balance appears to be.

Nice.

louched liver
Bein' Tits up can
feel Apocalypto,
Mel.
Provenance
QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ Feb 21 2008, 03:01 PM) *
How about water?

Any idea how much Welsh water costs in the States?
louched liver
Most of the welsh
down south are
running dry.

Water be gettin'
'spensive.
louched liver
QUOTE(louched liver @ Feb 21 2008, 06:40 PM) *

Liqueurs de France

Nice.

Ya know?
Provenance
Nope, I'm unBalanced.
louched liver
QUOTE(Provenance @ Feb 21 2008, 06:52 PM) *
Nope, I'm unBalanced.

Really?
OCvertDe
Not to sound more shallow than I already am, but the label designs on the Duplais products really turn me off.
Nephrite
As much as the Doubs Mystique bottle turned off C.F. Blok-Andersen? Don't look at the bottle… go by this and this (read the whole thread). Until we have critiqued enough absinthe, critique the critiquers.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(ajunkie @ Feb 21 2008, 09:06 PM) *

Until we have critiqued enough absinthe, critique the critiquers.

…which is exactly why I haven't submitted any reviews, and won't for some time.
Nephrite
Me too abs-cheers.gif
Marc
QUOTE(louched liver @ Feb 22 2008, 12:46 AM) *

Liqueurs de France

Nice.

Ya know?

Wha?
Nephrite
Do not question…
G&C
That's the first intelligent thing you've posted.

It only took 145 posts!
Nephrite
I'm slowly catching on… for some reason I have to be pissed off and drunk to be intelligent here… a 4th of a bottle of St. George helped… I like it!
Nephrite
The St. George that is… Hiya Google!
absinthist
QUOTE(Provenance @ Feb 21 2008, 03:38 PM) *

Fuck! Tits came up with the right answer. That's the real sign of the apocalypss.

And there shall be more to follow…
Tibro
You have admire someone who can signal the end of the world and not feel daunted by the pressure to follow that up with an encore.

Of course, what are the chances?
louched liver
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Feb 22 2008, 02:34 AM) *

Liqueurs de France

Nice.

Ya know?

Wha?

C'mon.
Sock it to me.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(louched liver @ Feb 22 2008, 10:56 AM) *

Liqueurs de France

Nice.

Ya know?

Wha?

C'mon.
Sock it to me.

Building pyramids is the coolest. I think I need a glass of something to go with this project…
louched liver
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Feb 22 2008, 12:57 PM) *

Liqueurs de France

Nice.

Ya know?

Wha?

C'mon.
Sock it to me.

Building pyramids is the coolest. I think I need a glass of something to go with this project…

It's more of a ziggaurat.
Steyr850
You mispelled Juggernaut.
louched liver
QUOTE(louched liver @ Feb 22 2008, 01:17 PM) *
QUOTE(OCvertDe @ Feb 22 2008, 12:57 PM) *

Liqueurs de France

Nice.

Ya know?

Wha?

C'mon.
Sock it to me.

It's more of a ziggaurat.

I apparently misspelled
juggernaut.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.