Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gary Gygax
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
bob_chong
Thanks to GG for many good times.
abs-cheers.gif
Provenance
Think of all the middle age guys who are going to have to come up from Mom's basement to mourn.
bob_chong
My guess is >75% of the people on here have played D&D, and more than a few were hardcore about it.
Provenance
QUOTE(Provenance @ Mar 5 2008, 07:53 AM) *
Think of all the middle age drunks who are going to have to come up from Mom's basement to mourn.
Pataphysician
QUOTE(bob_chong @ Mar 5 2008, 11:27 AM) *

My guess is >75% of the people on here have played D&D, and more than a few were hardcore about it.

Err, "drunk and disorderly"?
Patlow
Drunk D&D, that would be something.
speedle
Here, here. RIP
Head_prosthesis
We went from playing AD&D and arguing
to drinking while playing and arguing, to
skipping the game and just sitting around
drinking and arguing.

Now we don't speak at all.

Provenance
Always wise to focus on the essential.
Tibro
QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ Mar 6 2008, 06:46 AM) *

We went from playing AD&D

Attention Deficit and Disorder? This may be the root of the whole problem.
Kirk
I never played it. I don't have any video games either, never cared for it.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(bob_chong @ Mar 5 2008, 02:27 PM) *

I played it once. I couldn't take it seriously. I was a mage and brought along a wild boar who could sniff out truffles. My parents thought it was satanic, which made me want to play it a lot more, but I just couldn't get into it.

I have a slight hunch that Lord Hobgoblin was hardcore into D&D. I have no idea why I might possibly make that assumption…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.